Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Perfect Circle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Aye they were brilliant :D

Word on the street is that theyre due to end their hiatus in the near future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Funnily enough, I had Mer de Noms on in the car last week and yes, it's a phenomenal album. The Thirteenth Step was just as magic and they never, ever recorded anything else afterwards (certainly not a ****ty covers record so no one mention that non-existant monstrosity). Anyone know if they're gone for good or whether they will be back? I'm still raging I missed them in concert when Mer de Noms came out, I was in New York and leaving the day before the gig was on. Gutted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I never got into them but what album would ye recommend I start with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Start with Mer de Noms, then The Thirteenth Step.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cool thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Defo Mer Der Noms first, its possibly one of the finest rock albums ever made. They had a very unique way of arranging the melodies and riffs on the songs, made it all the more interesting to listen to. Personal favorites were The Hollow, 3 Libras, Judith, Orestes. Didn't think much of thirteenth Step, it was certainly nowhere near as good as Mer Der noms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

They were ****ing brilliant. Still are. And even though it was Keenan's band, it was so much different from Tool, yet still managed to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Mer de Noms is fooking awesome, although I may be a wee bit biased in this one :P

Top band. My brother loves them so much he has the logo tattoo'd on his arm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Wow. Thats dedication for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

LD 50 wrote: »
    They were ****ing brilliant. Still are. And even though it was Keenan's band, it was so much different from Tool, yet still managed to be good.

Haha, not so sure Billy Howerdel would agree with you having spent the guts of 10 years writing the songs that would eventually become Mer De Noms.

Anyone seen Josh Freese's new 'album menu'?
    Hilarious stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

thats mad, ive been counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of war drums all day. they rock, fecking love that band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

fortuneg wrote: »
    Haha, not so sure Billy Howerdel would agree with you having spent the guts of 10 years writing the songs that would eventually become Mer De Noms.

Anyone seen Josh Freese's new 'album menu'?
    Hilarious stuff :pac:
    Was just about to say this, this band BELONGED to billy howerdel. maynard was just an exeptional vocalist to put icing and exeptional lyrical content on the cake.

One of my all time fave bands EVER. I LOVE a perfect circle. There isnt a song they have which i dont like(including all there covers, there version of imagine is haunting).

On the topic billy howerdell released some stuff that he wanted to be a perfect circle under the name Ashes Divide. I found the album only ok, but there are some crackers on there. Roumer on the grapevine is that there going to get back into the swing of things after the next tool album touring cycle. I for one would kill to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Been listening to Thirteenth Step a lot again lately.

Someone feed the monkey.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Wow. Thats dedication for ya.

It's only small but yeah! I've met a few people with that Tat actually. Odd! I'd never get a band logo myself.

Thirteenth Step is fantastic by the way, must throw it in the car soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Excellent band. I've heard they're off their hiatus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

13th Step is one of the greatest records ever recorded - but no one gives it the time needed to hear everything going on.
    it was completely slated at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I only have their 'Mer De Noms' album and its really brilliant. I'm sure if the other albums as great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I love Thirteenth Step. I got i before I had Mer de Noms and to be honest I way preferred the first.

I have been listening to Mer more recently and I do think its brilliant. Come back soon lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

They are a band I always go back to. I grew out of Tool a bit, I prefer APC. Thirteenth Step is one of my all time favourite albums. Love Mer de Noms too. Just put it on and drift away... mmm :) I won't mention that awful covers album no..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Mer De Noms is one of my fav albums of all time. 10 / 10
    Oh to see them live :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

APC were awesome. Mer de noms is such a fantastic album, one of the best ever made. Thirteenth step has one of the greatest songs i have heard in the noose. I like emotive too,even if they did do really really weird stuff to all the songs.

What's all this about being off hiatus? Is it with or without Maynard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nope theres roumers there going to reform again after the new tool album which i believe they said would be out by 2009/10. If you want your fix of a perfect circle listen to ashes divide. Its billy howerdells(the main song writer from apc) new band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

Ashes divide just arnt apc. I dont know what it is. Im not the biggest fan of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 fearceol

I cant believe im hearing people badmouth eMotive! its one of my most favourite albums ever! yes i know all the songs are covers but what they done with them is just brilliant, such a powerful album!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mer de Noms is one of my favourite albums. It's just amazing. Not as much of a fan of Thirteenth Step though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Incredible band. Some of the most beautiful songs I personally have ever heard. I find they make a nice change from Tool.

3 libras gives me shivers every time i hear it, absoultely amazing. Id love to see them live.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I must get back into listening to them! I was obsessed a few years ago, then it died down. I'm gonna give Ashes Divide a listen today, thanks for the heads up :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

fearceol wrote: »
    I cant believe im hearing people badmouth eMotive! its one of my most favourite albums ever! yes i know all the songs are covers but what they done with them is just brilliant, such a powerful album!

It's not that they're covers, it's that they're bad covers. The remixes are bad too. Especially when you compare them to the remixes on the various singles that came out with Mer de Noms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

eMotive is the only album of theirs that I have. I like the cover of Imagine, but Fiddle and the Drum is teh best song on the album imo.

About the reunion, wasn't Twiggy in the band ( sorry can't remember is real name :P ) ? Cause he is back with Manson now so I don't see how they could do a proper reunion, unless of course Manson takes a break or something .

Advertisement