Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Perfect Circle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Well Twiggy was a replacement so I reckon he can be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

John wrote: »
    Well Twiggy was a replacement so I reckon he can be replaced.

Ahh kk.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

As long as the band contains MJK, Howerdall & Josh Freese the rest don't really matter.

Although I wouldn't mind a bit of Paz to look at besides the two cue balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

fortuneg wrote: »
    As long as the band contains MJK, Howerdall & Josh Freese the rest don't really matter.

Although I wouldn't mind a bit of Paz to look at besides the two cue balls.

Paz was classically trained and did all the string arrangements on MDN. It was one thing i thought 13th step lacked due to her absence, would be great if she came back into the band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

LOVE this band. They need to get back touring:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    They are a band I always go back to. I grew out of Tool a bit, I prefer APC. Thirteenth Step is one of my all time favourite albums. Love Mer de Noms too. Just put it on and drift away... mmm :) I won't mention that awful covers album no..

Yeah I Agree about Tool technically brilliant but liveless and boring to be honest. They have the technical skills so perfected that it's just boring

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

starflake wrote: »
    They have the technical skills so perfected that it's just boring
    :confused:
    The only member of tool who does anything remotely technical is Danny Carey, all the rest keep it relatively simple.

It's over-produced and lifeless IMO. Maynards 30 years of vocal training... on a voice that is very average anyway... all of it just meh... Tool don't do it for me at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

starflake wrote: »
    It's over-produced and lifeless IMO. Maynards 30 years of vocal training... on a voice that is very average anyway... all of it just meh... Tool don't do it for me at all
    Maynards voice, average? I think youve lost your marbles starflake!

Maybe I have... but it's just my opinion... I dont find him that impressive.. his scream is class but dont find anything attractive about his tone at all..

• Advertisement

Well to each there own i suppose. Cant fault an opinion cause it doesnt match me own. Personally i love maynards voice and i think hes technically a great singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

if my ears were tongues his voice would be honey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Always felt bad for Howardel. I think Maynard really stole the light, not intentionally but because of Tool. I wouldn't say he gets anywhere near as much credit as he deserves.

Although, as a few have said Ashes Divide just isn't the same. I think Maynards voice brings so much to the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Haven't listened to Ashes Divide myself. Worth listening to?

I think its a good enough album, but its nowhere near tool or APC. Its good for a fix if i want somthing like those two bands but im not in the mood for them. If that makes any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChestRockwell

Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are both tremendous. I love APC

Advertisement