Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Change Tariff 5/4/2009

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'll never forget the day that they rang me with an exclusive special offer, just for me. Coincidently I was looking at the Three website at the time, in search for a new phone and found out that they were offering me a "special price" that was 15 dearer than what I could get it on the website for!

I think I'll be changing over to their Best of Both package.
    I wonder could that be considered false advertising? You're not the only one who's said you got called with a pack of lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Ok, I was on the phone with 3 yesterday complaining about the 'forced' switchover to the new plan and I am glad I did.

The guy told me that they cant actually force someone to go to the new plan and he said he would make a note that I dont wanna switch to the new plan and contact his supervisor who will get in touch with me.

Now I am not sure if he knows for sure that you can 'opt' out of the new plan but it sounded like he knew what he was saying.

I can def. imagine that 3 just hopes nobody calls them up complaining about the switchover and by April 4th or so they just automatically put everyone in the new plan that didnt call them. Something like we put u in the new plan unless we hear from u by the deadline.

So I am not 100% sure if I can stay in the old plan bc it has to be confirmed by the supervisor but i would advise everyone to call them before the switchover. After that they may say we contacted everyone 1 month in advance and because you didnt opt out you were automatically enrolled in the new plan.

If you want the new plan however just do nothing and you should have it by beginning of april.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

I wouldn't hold my breath mate bet if you rang back now you'd get a different story. Its a price change on the plan were on and that price change just happens to be the same as the new plan they brought out last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

rh555 wrote: »
    Ok, I was on the phone with 3 yesterday complaining about the 'forced' switchover to the new plan and I am glad I did.

The guy told me that they cant actually force someone to go to the new plan and he said he would make a note that I dont wanna switch to the new plan and contact his supervisor who will get in touch with me.

Now I am not sure if he knows for sure that you can 'opt' out of the new plan but it sounded like he knew what he was saying.

I can def. imagine that 3 just hopes nobody calls them up complaining about the switchover and by April 4th or so they just automatically put everyone in the new plan that didnt call them. Something like we put u in the new plan unless we hear from u by the deadline.

So I am not 100% sure if I can stay in the old plan bc it has to be confirmed by the supervisor but i would advise everyone to call them before the switchover. After that they may say we contacted everyone 1 month in advance and because you didnt opt out you were automatically enrolled in the new plan.

If you want the new plan however just do nothing and you should have it by beginning of april.

Hope this helps
    I would not believe a word that 3 says via their Mumbai call centre. I would only believe it if they put it in writing.

After that they may say we contacted everyone 1 month in advance and because you didnt opt out you were automatically enrolled in the new plan.

The text I got said:
    From 3: As of 5 April 09 we're changing our 3Pay tariff rates. To find out more about your new 3Pay tariff go to three.ie/new3Pay 2stopMsgsGo2My3

It says nothing about being able to opt out and neither does the link. I'd say they'd get in a lot of trouble if they tried that

I just called them and was told that everyone will be switching and there's no choice in the matter. I asked him how they can force this when I signed up to 5c picture, message and video "for life" and to explain how you might have been told otherwise but he just did the good old 3 thing of repeating the same line from his script until I gave up

• Advertisement

I will let ppl know if they contact me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sister called them yesterday. Told them she didnt want to be put onto the new plan. Agent put a note onto her account and assured her she wouldnt be moved.

I called twice and was told that there was no chance of staying on the current tariff and that I should tell the people who were told they could to call 3 and have it explained that they couldn't

Then I called this morning after Walkman's post and was told that it shouldn't be a problem and he'll escalate it to his manager

*holds breath*

yup thats exactly what happened to me - so we will see. As I said it might be illegal for a company o increase avg. prices by 125% if you have prepaid money for it and lose all your money if you cancel.

Well I just hope there is a way.

One of the agents told me that picture and video messages are staying at 5c but someone on boards said they're going to 25c. Can anyone confirm who's right?

• Advertisement

They are increasing to 30 cent per message.

http://three.ie/new3Pay/

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They are increasing to 30 cent per message.

http://three.ie/new3Pay/

I don't know how I missed that before. I must have been looking at the page on my phone. Looks like I can add one more to the list of lies the script monkeys have told me

A little more info about the topic here. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055506367

According to this it really seems like that you can indeed 'opt' out of the plan although its not confirmed. Also, the more ppl call Three and complain the more likely it is they wont force the new price plan on old customers or at least not for customers that call up and 'opt' out of the new plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

yup thats exactly what happened to me - so we will see. As I said it might be illegal for a company o increase avg. prices by 125% if you have prepaid money for it and lose all your money if you cancel.

Well I just hope there is a way.
    Terms and Conditions

Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification."

I would argue this and want a refund for all the credit on my account. I don't think 3 will let customers stay at the old rates, they way the way they are advertising it on the 3 site stating the terms and pricing with the ending and starting dates. Prepare for battle! :p

As bond said, i would want it in writing that existing customers would not be affected, and not from someone on the phone wanting an easy life. He has april 4th booked off on leave :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

The guys in the chat room have said this:
    3 will implement a price change to the existing 3Pay tariff as of April 5th 2009. As part of this price change we are currently in the process of reviewing the implications for MMS and Video Messaging pricing. MMS and Video Messaging will remain at 5c until further notice.

I asked why this is not printed on the website:
    This message is for internal communications with the contact centre. I have informed you about the same as per our updates. We have not published this on the website.

No mention of the 18c landline calls going up to 30c and when I asked I was told this.
    These prices are being reviewed as per our customer feedback. However, the prices will change effective 5th of April until further notice.

mcguyver wrote: »
    I asked why this is not printed on the website:
    This message is for internal communications with the contact centre. I have informed you about the same as per our updates. We have not published this on the website.
    It's not so much that it's not printed on the website, contradictory information is printed on the website

mcguyver wrote: »
    No mention of the 18c landline calls going up to 30c and when I asked I was told this.
    These prices are being reviewed as per our customer feedback. However, the prices will change effective 5th of April until further notice.

Translation: Blah blah blah blah we don't give a sh!t what you say and will ignore the customer feedback

It's all just standard scripted BS. I wouldn't believe a word of it

As far as 3 are concerned the rates are changing on April 5 and feck the customers.

Advertisement