Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson announces 10 Live Shows in London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/snapcrackleandpop/3081/the-king-of-comebacks/

He says these shows are "the final curtain call". I don't know about the rest of you, but in my opinion he's one of the best entertainers who ever lived and I'll probably step over my own mother to get a ticket.

well he has had some of the best pop songs ever but isnt he a bit past it?
    I mean i hope not and it would be insane to see him perform a bunch of unbelieveable shows but i dunno
    See him talking yesterday. Very odd indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

well he has had some of the best pop songs ever but isnt he a bit past it?
    I mean i hope not and it would be insane to see him perform a bunch of unbelieveable shows but i dunno
    See him talking yesterday. Very odd indeed

Micheal Jackson odd?... never!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Can't wait for these... I'm queing already..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

His last tour was nearly 15 years ago. Since he's 50 now I'll be surprised if he can live up to the energy of his previous tours, but I'm still pretty excited to see the man live and see what he can do. I never thought it'd happen to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'd absolutely love to see him live, never have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd kill to get my hand on a ticket to the concert.

Is this really his final ever live performance? Heard tickets were gonna range from £300 - £1500 pounds :o

Being a poor 15 year old doesn't help too much, im gonna be kicking myself in a few years for not getting a ticket if it does end up being £300.

Signed up for the presale but im not really hopeful. Heard they got 16,000 registrations per second avg on the first day the presale website went up. Shame to be his last performance after 44 years of entertaining the world I think he has definately done his part in changing the world of entertainment and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/snapcrackleandpop/3081/the-king-of-comebacks/

He says these shows are "the final curtain call". I don't know about the rest of you, but in my opinion he's one of the best entertainers who ever lived and I'll probably step over my own mother to get a ticket.
    what about the kids...did they think he was the best entertainer...just a simple question

Is this really his final ever live performance? Heard tickets were gonna range from £300 - £1500 pounds :o

No apparently tickets are £75 at most, which isn't bad at all, considering it's MJ. I've heard news today that he might even be adding ten more shows because of the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

saw him on the dangerous tour in 92 at lansdowne - absolutely amazing! i will kill for these tix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Absolutely the best gig i ever saw. History tour was good but Dangerous was stunning. I think because he's older now the show will actually be better becuse he'll be relying on the spectacle aspect to help make it memorable.

I just hope he can hold it together when the time comes.

• Advertisement

greatgoal wrote: »
    what about the kids...did they think he was the best entertainer...just a simple question
    I'm guessing you read tabloids?

Check the facts and decide for yourself.
    Innocent on all charges AND both later confessed that they were in for it for the money.
    Such a shame that someone so talented got such a rough life.:mad:

£75 ticket??? Now im definately going, i entered the presale lottery so heres hoping i get a chance to buy a ticket.:)

I'm guessing you read tabloids?

Check the facts and decide for yourself.
    Innocent on all charges AND both later confessed that they were in for it for the money.
    Such a shame that someone so talented got such a rough life.:mad:

£75 ticket??? Now im definately going, i entered the presale lottery so heres hoping i get a chance to buy a ticket.:)

EDIT: Never mind, got my info. £75 seems very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Surprised to see him back..Guess he needs the money...hope these shows are not "bad" because it would be a sad way for him to finish up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

10 gigs, I reckon thats a gig too many, or 9 too many...!

Here's something rather interesting. Don't know how reliable the source is though:

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, toldThe Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We’ve a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280 million) in total.”

He confirmed that the singer could earn “probably something pretty close to” £50 million for the London shows. Future tours are likely to involve trips to New York, Paris and Mumbai.

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5854735.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

As long as people remember your not going to get the MJ of thriller / billy jean fame . Jacko dosen't have the mental spark or the physical energy of those days .He might do some great shows but Elvis went out as a parody of himself to .

latchyco wrote: »
    As long as people remember your not going to get the MJ of thriller / billy jean fame . Jacko dosen't have the mental spark or the physical energy of those days .He might do some great shows but Elvis went out as a parody of himself to .

I see the point you're making, however I don't think you can really compare those two because they're on different levels. While Elvis was a great performer, he couldn't write songs and therefore never really grew as an artist with vision to the extent Jackson did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I see the point you're making, however I don't think you can really compare those two because they're on different levels. While Elvis was a great performer, he couldn't write songs and therefore never really grew as an artist with vision to the extent Jackson did.
    Yes, very true and in comparing the two in my post had forgotten that Jacko had being once briefly married to Elvis's daughter .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

The rumours here in London, the day before the gigs were announced, were than he was going to do 50 shows, I reckon they'll add at least another 10, the first 10 are gonna sell out in under an hour if you ask me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Looks like they're already sold out by the pre-sale registration numbers. Just hoping that I can get my hands on some tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Some of Michaels stuff from the exhibit if you're interested...

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb207/dimejinky991/Mjs%20stuff/?start=all
    SL370620.jpg

****! I totally forgot about the exhibit. I have to find a day to go and see it.

Got up at 6:30 Tuesday morning for tickets and didn't get any until 11 cause of traffic. I was so fed up at that stage I just clicked 'confirm' without even checking my seats... don't even know if my seats are any good now but at least I have tickets :D

There's been plenty more shows announced as well so there should be no problem getting tickets when they go on general sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

LOL ok I just got my presale password for The concerts(not tellin anyone what it is cos you can only use it once). GET THIS. ......
    "PRESALE PREMIUM FLOOR TICKET" - £795.00 - sterling
    "PRESALE PREMIUM TIER 1 TICKET" - £770.00 - sterling

you can pay 90.00 to be at the very back but in my opinion and this is just mine no entertainer or performer is worth that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MeMyself&I

I just received my presale code this morning, cant get my hands on tickets, what to do?
    I thought there would be enough to match the amount of codes sent out :(

I got two tickets after 3 and half hours trying.

£75 and upper tier on LEVEL 4 but its right at the side of the stage so I should be able to see whats going on on stage.

gonna try again tomorrow and if i get floor tickets i could sell you my two upper tier tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm not wishing a bad show on anyone, but I have a feeling that there is going to be some manner of calamity befalling one or more of these concerts.

I'm not wishing a bad show on anyone, but I have a feeling that there is going to be some manner of calamity befalling one or more of these concerts.
    why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

How so?

Anyway i cant be the only one who got tickets?

Who else is going to the concert, when and where are your tickets.

14th july for me in block 419, side of the stage top tier, semi-crappy but atleast i can see the stage well.

paid about 206 euro all in for two tickets from ticketmaster.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I got two tickets after 3 and half hours trying.

£75 and upper tier on LEVEL 4 but its right at the side of the stage so I should be able to see whats going on on stage.

gonna try again tomorrow and if i get floor tickets i could sell you my two upper tier tickets.

Ha, when buying tickets for a show in the O2 Arena, it says for Tier 4, that if you suffer from vertigo, do not under any circumstances purchase those tickets. Hopefully ya don't have vertigo.

Advertisement