Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Ireland 3Pay Calls to 3 & landlines to increase by 12c Per min

• 05-03-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

http://www.three.ie/new3pay/

This is a joke..

"We have reduced the calls to other networks from 35c to 30c a minute"

BUT.....................

Calls to 3 & calls to landlines have increased by 12c per minute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

friday1 wrote: »
    http://www.three.ie/new3pay/

This is a joke..

"We have reduced the calls to other networks from 35c to 30c a minute"

BUT.....................

Calls to 3 & calls to landlines have increased by 12c per minute.
    this is also affecting their older price plan which had 5cent messages "for life" so they are surely not allowed to increase this the same way meteor cant do away with people's free texts "for life"?
    Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification."
    does this mean three will refund the cost of your handset if you return it when you withdraw from their prepay contract "without penalty"?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

They can feck off. :mad:
    Just ran out of credit this evening.
    Switching to Meteor or O2 tomorrow now.
    Could do with a new phone anyway.

i recieved a text today stating that the price plan on my prepay account is changing from april 5th. surely this is not possible as three at the time i bought that handset and account stated that prepay customers would avail of three's 5cent messaging offer "for life" meaning for as long as they remain customers of three!

if three go ahead with this change i wish to give back my handset and sim card for a refund of the amount of credit and also a refund of the purchase price of the handset as specified in the conditions stated on the website! "Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification."
    just sent them this in an email. i wouldn't bother fighting the "5cent messages for life" thing as if three want rid of their customers im only too happy to keep using meteor. but i will fight to withdraw from contract "without penalty" so i want my credit back ans will return the handset for a refund as it is an integral part of the contract and locked to three's network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm sure it says in the small print that 3 reserve the right to withdraw the 5c texts 'for life' offer at any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Have they not reduced text to 3c?
    They're obviously taking the 3 idea to the extreme - text 3c, calls 30c. It is neat, but that doesn't mean it's right ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭friday1

They'll have 3 customers soon enough...... I'm finished with them, TESCO now I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Just an alternative view.

I recently changed to 3pay from Meteor PAYG, after Meteor increased their text rate from 9c to 12c without telling me - they claim they had an ad in Irish Times on one day a month before but they "were unable" to text their customers to tell them this. In order to reduce your standard text rate back to 9c, you'd have to change tariff to one with a higher minimum call charge. So, for sneakiness, I moved. At least 3 told you they were increasing charges.

Also, this doesn't impact me at all as these are the rates I signed up with. I was happy to do so, as the rates are no worse than any of the Meteor rates and, for my mix of usage, were better than any.

eth0_ wrote: »
    I'm sure it says in the small print that 3 reserve the right to withdraw the 5c texts 'for life' offer at any time.
    no their terms and conditions state it is "forever" and that this prevails over all other terms and conditions in the case of any conflict.
    http://www.three.ie/company/3pay-5c-terms.html

5cent rate forever

* The following terms and conditions of the offer whereby you can send text, picture and video messages at our standard rate of 5c forever (the "Messaging Offer ") are in addition to and form part of the Terms for 3 Services which are available at three.ie. In the event of any conflict the terms and conditions below shall prevail.
    * The Messaging Offer is available to customers who connect to a 3Pay prepaid service until 30th June 2007, unless the final registration date is brought forward or extended by 3 at its sole discretion. The rate under the Messaging Offer shall permanently cease to apply if you cease to be a customer of the eligible 3Pay service for any reason. The Messaging Offer will not apply in addition to any other offer or promotion which includes text messages, photo messages or video messages.
    * The Messaging Offer applies to text messages (SMS), photo messages (MMS) and video messages (VMS) sent from within the Republic of Ireland ("Ireland") to any mobile or fixed line numbers of networks in Ireland. The Messaging Offer does not apply to messages sent to directory enquiry, premium rate, WAP, ISP or MISP numbers.
    * Fair Use Policy - Your use is subject to monthly fair use limits of 1,000 text messages, 150 picture messages or 150 video messages. If you exceed any of these fair use limits, we will inform you of your excessive use and 3 reserves the right and make you ineligible for the Messaging Offer or disconnect your 3Pay service.
    This fair use policy will not apply during any period when 3’s standard rate for text, photo and video messages is equal to or lower than 5c.
    * This Messaging Offer will not apply to messages you send using Prolinks, SIM boxes or any device which diverts/transfers messages to multiple mobile numbers or if you send bulk messages for a commercial purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 904473

I have a PAYG mobile with 3 Ireland. My calls to land lines and the 3 network are currently 18cent per min. From April 3 are upping this price to 30 cent per min. This is about 90 per cent of a rise in the cost of calls. Across the border in the North these calls are only 12p per minute.

Now my call costs are doubled each month. This is very greedy of the 3 network. Now all the networks in the South seem to have very similar PAYG call costs. Surely there is price fixing here.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

do you also have the 5cent messaging forever?

• Advertisement

Yes I have the 5 cent deal.

904473 wrote: »
    Yes I have the 5 cent deal.
    after a review by three the new price plan does not now apply to people on older prepay plans with the 5cent messaging offer

foggy_lad wrote: »
    after a review by three the new price plan does not now apply to people on older prepay plans with the 5cent messaging offer

Well ... Good news at last.

Where did this info come from please? There is nothing on the 3 website.

904473 wrote: »
    Well ... Good news at last.

Where did this info come from please? There is nothing on the 3 website.
    from three see this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055506367

Advertisement