Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Broadband can i get that's reliable and has no download limits?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

i live in galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Is UPC an option? i use them and there great 2.2mb/s downloads :-) ping is a little on the high side sometimes though

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

there's sky installed in the house, but no NTL

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

You don't need chorus/ntl tv to get their broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AL_otto_pain

I would recommend UPC/NTL .

Great speeds ,they advertise no limit but advise against anything over 250 GB / month down+up load .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

If you already have a phone line I would recommend UTV Internet. For €29.98/mo you can have 7.6mb/672kb with no caps (fair use, of course). That is, €23.99 for the 7.6mb package plus €5.99 to remove the caps. For me the service is usually very reliable, with some slowdowns between 6pm and 11pm, as seems to be the norm on DSL packages which all ultimately derive from Eircom. The added bonuses of going with UTV Internet is that you can get a fixed IP address for a one-off payment of €3.50 and you can access the BBC via their iPlayer. Also, customer support is good, with a real person on the other side when you call :) Your actual speeds depend on your distance from the exchange you are connected to, but for me (one mile from the exchange) I get 6.4mb down and 560k up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Depending on where you are, you have the option of:

- Airwire - requires, that an antenna is mounted outside the house.

- Irish Broadband Breeze - non enforced fair use policy and requires that you have an antenna mounted outside the house for it.

- Smart Telecom DSL
    - Magnet DSL
    or
    - UPC (if you have cable tv).

Anything else has pretty much a cap or a strict fair use policy.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

It all depends on where in Galway you live. If you live centrally you should be able to get Magnet DSL, its unlimited (fair usage policy).

Advertisement