Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting the Blackberry Curve 8900

• 05-03-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all
    Im thinking of getting the Blackberry Curve 8900 on O2 as Vodafone have not yet said if they will release it.Was going to get the BB Storm but was advised against it plus the Vodafone tarriffs were CRAZY.

Is this a good smartphone?
    Would it work well on O2?
    Are O2 value for money?-175 min & 100 txt,unlimited BB email, BB internet service included (i think)for 50eur a month

I would appreciate all the info you guys have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Does the 8900 have inbuilt 3g and wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

it has both which all ready makes it better than the storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Whether its a good smartphone really depends on what you plan to use it for. If it is email it is probably one of the best. If you are looking to download extensive large files OTA it is not because of no 3G.

Tell us what you are looking for and you might get some better advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

OP, just be aware that you will have difficulties using the Internet based features on the handset if you move network to 3 or Meteor, as they do not support the Blackberry service and therefore will not be able to support certain features on any Blackberry handsets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 kreontas

hi I have it on o2 network.wifi is very good,screen is amazing.my price plan is o2 and landlines for free +blackberry add on=40e. works very well for me. I had a lot of bb and this one is the best i ever had.yes it doesnt have 3g but i dont care coz i use wifi on it.any questions just ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Was thinking of getting one as well .

o2 have a deal at the moment.
    Unlimited BlackBerry emails and Internet usage
    is this a good deal i wonder .

I would be using it for emails and bit of blogging n twitter and the like . Also a maybe just uploading pictures n video to my online blog .

Would it be able to handel all of that i wonder .

Advertisement