Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Cameras 4 Photos - C&C

• 05-03-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

My first C&C.. be as harsh as you want.
    (only way to learn)

The first photo was shot using a 3MP FujiFilm FinePix (S series something) in 2003.

The second was shot using a 35mm Minolta 3xi in New York City in 2005.
    I wish I hadn’t put that frame on the image. I can’t find the original or the negatives and I don’t want to crop the frame out.

The third & forth photos were shot using a Canon 350D about a year ago.
    The truck photo was taken for a FORD Lightning Truck Club calendar.

Legs.jpg

6thandCharlton.jpg

noufara.jpg

FordLightning2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

You could have used more lighting for the car, half of it seems to be too dark for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

you cropped off the entire top half of the first picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

you cropped off the entire top half of the first picture!

no.. that's the whole picture.
    But I think I get it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

a couple of interesting images and broadly i think they are quite good - very different in style (does this represent a photographic journey for you maybe?).

#1 I like but i'm not sure about the crop - i'm scrolling up and down but can't conclusively say whether i'd include the tummy area or crop it out.

#2 is great - a real reason why no one should ever put a frame on an image eh! I like the treatment of it and the scene captured.

#3 is technically good but shows too much reflection on the water - perhaps a polarizer would work here.

#4 is technically really good - nice light captured - Im assuming the setup was tripod/no flash. a little dark towards the rear on the side of the truck.

Good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Oh btw - fuji finepix's S series of the 2003 vintage were soooooo gooood. :) Still have our trusty S304 - its slow as heck (by todays DSLR standards) and grinds on its zoom but i have a great affection for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement