Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Operation

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

We have a samoyed who has a suspected cruciate rupture. She is booked in for x-ray to confirm. The vet was saying if hes right she will need an operation.

Has anyone else had this operation done on their dog and if so, how long was the recovery time and what sort of costs were involved?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    We have a samoyed who has a suspected cruciate rupture. She is booked in for x-ray to confirm. The vet was saying if hes right she will need an operation.

Has anyone else had this operation done on their dog and if so, how long was the recovery time and what sort of costs were involved?

Thanks.

Had a few through the years most recently about four years ago.

The total recovery time if I remember correctly is about 4 months.

Its a long time and its quite easy to stray off the recovery schedule but don't be tempted to walk her further than you're vet recommends and especially don't let her off the lead until she is fully recovered.

The cost may vary depending on location but for me it was less than € 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Thanks, is it just the 1 night you dog was kept in for. We have 2 oher dogs and they are very attached to her including us as she is 11 years and all but 5 months of that with us. The other dogs get quite stressed out when she is being groomed, the most amount of time she has ever been away from the others has been 2 hours.

Sorry for all the questions but this is our first ever operation and really don't know what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

I brought my girl in for the operation in the morning and home about 5 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Thanks

Advertisement