Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party in limerick

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

HI guys,

My brother in law is thinking of having his stag party here in limerick. Probably paintballing during the day and then a session. Can anyone recommend any pubs that we could go to where we won't get too much hassle for being in a group?? Be about 15 guys all late 20's early 30's.

He's thinking of here because he's from Mullingar and over the last couple of years he's been to stag parties in Dublin, Galway, Kilarney, Ennis, Kilkenny etc so was thinking of something different

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

Most of my fav pubs in limerick tend to be the smaller ones but there's plenty that should accomodate a large enough group like Clohessey's, Smyth's, Nancy Blake, Flannery's, Mojo's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Any place would be mad to reject ye. Sure tis a recession after all:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

if ur going paintballing, i think the paintball place can organise ye comps into a club that night, and reduced accom also if u wanted it, contact them, and then just say ye're down with a work bonding thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

enter in 3 groups of five lads and ye should be cool

a lot of the better night life is down by the Michael St./Old Quarter area; pubs here include

Nancy Blake's, Smyth's, Flannery's etc. All in front of you face really - no mysteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Combatzone is the paintballing company.

http://www.combatzone.ie/

The owner will organise reduced accomodation in Jurys Inn Limerick which is in a good location to walk to the pubs and clubs.

They will organise transport to and from the woods around 35 minutes from the city.

I have suggested to people previously and it does work to call ahead to the pubs a few days beforehand and tell them there is a group of you, that you do NOT want a section or fingerfood or anything like that but just that a lead name to be put with the bouncer so they will know you have the permission to enter. Subject of course to the usual dress codes and sobriety you would have to assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And then finish up in Players for the laugh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    And then finish up in Players for the laugh. :D

No No there is a recession going on at the moment so unless they take brown coins(pun intended) then no dice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Players is grand, 10euro and the bar is open till 2am, you don't have to go for a lap dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Players is grand, 10euro and the bar is open till 2am, you don't have to go for a lap dance.

Yeah but how many go in just for the beer? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

try the mucky duck where you will be welcomed with open arms I'm sure.. Then you have the rock bar up the road and the triple crown around the corner... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

baza1976 wrote: »
    try the mucky duck where you will be welcomed with open arms I'm sure.. Then you have the rock bar up the road and the triple crown around the corner... ;)
    not very helpful.
    OP ignore this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yeah but how many go in just for the beer? :D

I do!! It's great that there is hot women in there but I just won't part with 40 quid for a 4 to 5 min. lap dance, I did get one the first night I was in there to see what it was like,let's just say I won't be going for another one. But the place it's self is fine for a late drink and the girls in there don't wreck your head too much trying to get you down for a dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

if a pub can fit ye there should be no hassle. There is very little trouble in city centre pubs. I was in clohesseys 2 months ago for a stag. there was another stag there too, grand. Getting into a niteclub could be more difficult. But get to a pub which has a niteclub earlyish , smyths, clohessy etc

Advertisement