Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website blocked locally?

• 05-03-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

i can't seem to access utorrent.com and perhaps other websites but i haven't come accross any yet. I've got comodo and avg both free versions and no windows firewall enabled. I've checked on both for rules, avg doesn't have any that can block it as there is no firewall and comodo hasn't got anything.
    I've checked the host files and run a virus scan. Yet this computer can't connect and another computer plugged in right beside it same settings nothing special can.
    Are there any programs to detect blockings? I've checked programs currently with connections outside and nothing out of the ordinary.
    Pinging utorrent.com results in destination host unreachable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Are you using the same browser on both? have you tried Firefox on the affected PC, to see is it browser specific, any net-nanny type software installed?

Oh.. try going out through a proxy.

Click on the https method on the following link, then enter the URL you wish to go to..

http://www.ninjacloak.com/

Not sure if doing that will prove or solve anything mind.. but you'll be able to browse the site. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sparkicks

yes same browser but wouldn't make a difference browser proxy settings don't affect ping. proxies do work I've tried proxify but i want to figure out why its blocked and how.

Edit no net nanny and i use both firefox and chrome neither work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sounds like this is in college - I guess they've blocked it at the proxy.

No its not college its at home and the two pc's are of my own i run the whole network its something about this pc. malware, a force tunnel a redirection... something altering host files perhaps but since its "destination host unreachable"
    quote taken from online
    The datagram was delivered to the network specified in the network ID portion of the IP address but could not be sent to the specific host indicated in the address. Again, this usually implies a routing issue.

I've flushed my dns and repaired my connection to no avail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

could possibly be a virus that you downloaded - maybe ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Assuming Windows - have a look in /Windows/System32/etc/hosts and see if anything has redirected utorrents.com.

Try a HiJackThis scan as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Do you use peer guardian? If so its likely its blocking the site, disable HTML filtering in the program to sort the issiue

Nick

i love you yoyo thats exactly what it was.

Sparkicks wrote: »
    i love you yoyo thats exactly what it was.
    Good stuff :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Hah, excellent, curious to know what filter blocked it.. I have to disable the 'edu' subscription myself, it catches a few interesting sites. Sometimes the HTML block button kicks in mysteriously too..

Stating the obvious, but the PeerGuardian icon in your System tray should blink a few times if it is blocking something.

• Advertisement

Utorrent is now owned by BitTorrent.com which have been known to monitor IPs (BitTorrent.com) hence the reason utorrent.com is blocked, theres no issiues I'm aware about with utorrent at present though

Nick

Advertisement