Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Capa 5.1 firing problems?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi I got a Hi-capa 5.1 Duel Tone,gas, but im having problems, ive filled the mag with bbs and gas but after a few shots the power goes.or the hammer stays half cocked and only fires one shot before i have to pull the body back?

Any ideas why?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

If you have some silicone spray, give it a good lash of it, the slide and so no. Work the slide back n forth several times to make sure its well lubricated and working freely. When you fill the mag with gas, how long are you filling for? in secs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

What gas are you using, are you holding the mag upside down when your filling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

That hi capa is full metal so you'll get better results with green gas. Have u tried warming the mag for a bit after you've gassed her up?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

GBB pistols are very sensitive to cold, some more than others. It sounds like the magazine is suffering from cool-down, since the initial shots are fine. If you fire a gas pistol quickly in cold weather, the mag will get too cold for the gun to function properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I had the same problem. Try a new mag, plenty of silicone spray and then it should work. It turned out my mag was broken, but I was using a CO2 mag and my current green gas mag hasn't had that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

warm up your mag once its filled!

try to keep your gas and mags warm before a scirmish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mc01a

i have a hi capa 5.1. i also noticed this problem with it aswell. i noticed when i warmed up the clip this problem went.
    on a cold clip i was getting 25 shots max, (when it was cold i could see a blast of gas from the top of the chamber, that problem went when warm)
    on a warm clip i was getting 55 shots min (avg 60), and i found it didn't get jambed as easy. but spray a bit of silicone spray along the slide in the clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sledgehammer

thanks for all the comments. it seems to be the cold thats slowing things up! i can now get a mag and a half of continous fire which is alright by me ;). im still a newby so these tips are very helpful thanks!

Advertisement