Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail in Louth

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Anyone else work in retail, How are ye getting on? Can only speek for myself when i say its not as bad as people make it out to be. People tend to be buying noe instead of just looking.. what yas think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Anyone else work in retail, How are ye getting on? Can only speek for myself when i say its not as bad as people make it out to be. People tend to be buying noe instead of just looking.. what yas think?

Whats retailer you working for or even retail industry you working in ? I have noticed that Dundalk has gotten really quiet lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Sarge wrote: »
    I have noticed that Dundalk has gotten really quiet lately.
    Noticed that too, even the radio van at DSC the other day said up there was like a ghost town and the only people in Tesco's was the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

im in computers, work for harvey norman. its not mad but the ones that are coming in are buying like. in my retail park there always seems to be a few in with us and D.I.D anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

hi smith, i work in a newsagents and it is dead. on saturday evening we had three customers from 9 till 9.30 pm
    the rest of the day was nearly as bad. in fact the only time we get busy is when we de-head the papers. then the locals swarm in looking for a free paper.

one woman comes in every night and asks for a copy of five different papers..."to line the floor for the dog" that dog has been getting trained for 6 years! i think she should give up.

i gave her five copies of the same paper one evening and she complained because they were all the same. was her dog reading them?

and of course there is the woman who calls in every saturday because she bought two of the mirror and needs to change one for the sun or star. i told her if she needs to change it then bring back the one thats not dog eared from being read to death or else stop buying the same paper twice.

once in awhile you can understand, but every week for three months is just a joke.

ok, i know that sounds like bad customer service,and i guess it is, but these people are not spending money they are just looking for something for nothing. and they are not even polite. i hold the de headed papers for some of my customers cos they are older, on a pension, and are greatful for the thought.not for these ignorant,mean,complaining,fussy,look-down-thier-noses-at-you types who think my sole job is to cater to thier every whim.

sigh, rant over, sometimes i wish i did not enjoy retail so much. it must be nice to work in a factory where no customers try to annoy you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DAMO@ARC

at the moment each month is getting worse,so anyone who say's different is full of crap,you can't blame newry has newry has always been there.
    just no money being spent,most young guys who worked in construction earning up to a grand a week are now struggling on 200 euro on the dole.the main crux is the money ain't there,but it will get better eventually,things are just being re-align.
    i fel sorry for all the new car showrooms around here has they are selling nothing.
    has regards jobs in this area ,not many jobs being lost thats becaus there is feck all major employers in dundalk,most other people are on short time
    .the only good thing to come out of it is estate agents eating humble pie,and having to work for a change,they don't dictate the price anymore the cust. does .
    come on the town!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

soups05 wrote: »

one woman comes in every night and asks for a copy of five different papers..."to line the floor for the dog" that dog has been getting trained for 6 years! i think she should give up.

i gave her five copies of the same paper one evening and she complained because they were all the same. was her dog reading them?

and of course there is the woman who calls in every saturday because she bought two of the mirror and needs to change one for the sun or star. i told her if she needs to change it then bring back the one thats not dog eared from being read to death or else stop buying the same paper twice.

once in a while you can understand, but every week for three months is just a joke.

ok, i know that sounds like bad customer service,and i guess it is, but these people are not spending money they are just looking for something for nothing. and they are not even polite. i hold the de headed papers for some of my customers cos they are older, on a pension, and are greatful for the thought.not for these ignorant,mean,complaining,fussy,look-down-thier-noses-at-you types who think my sole job is to cater to thier every whim.

Downturn or not i'd have absolutely no problem in telling these type of people where to go.
    How would it be bad customer service?? they're hardly customers if they're not spending!

Advertisement