Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats To Ash the Bash

Options
  • 05-03-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭

The Wamma have her officailly Ranked at 6th in the world at Bantamwieght. A massive achievement for any Irish fighter regardless of sex!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

Has anyone seen the trailers for a show on Setanta featuring Aisling?

Has it been shown yet?

Fair play Ais. Great work and well deserved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What prompted the jump, lads? Something specfic or general recognition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

General Recognition plus I think the poll in fighters only(I think ) did some good in getting her name out

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fair fecks to her :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Well done Ais
    rovert wrote: »
    What prompted the jump, lads? Something specfic or general recognition?

This is the first time WAMMA has released ratings for womens MMA, as opposed to a change in ratings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

dunkamania wrote: »
    This is the first time WAMMA has released ratings for womens MMA, as opposed to a change in ratings.

Thats even better appearing on the first list this high. Good on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fantastic stuff.

Anybody have any idea when her next fight may be?

I look forward to a bit of destruction!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well done. That'll raise her profile a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Thanks everyone! I'm delighted with that :D really nice to have an official womens ranking instead of everyone just speculating, now I have a hitlist! ;)

Not sure about anything coming up just yet hopefully that'll make a couple of girls take notice and want to get in the cage with me.

I'm dying for a scrap now especially after seeing that total war Rob the dog was in over the weekend! Just need a victim and a show to put us on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

Aisling! wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I'm delighted with that :D really nice to have an official womens ranking instead of everyone just speculating, now I have a hitlist! ;)

Not sure about anything coming up just yet hopefully that'll make a couple of girls take notice and want to get in the cage with me.

I'm dying for a scrap now especially after seeing that total war Rob the dog was in over the weekend! Just need a victim and a show to put us on! :D
    Ash nice to see u up there wit the top girls farplay:), here is a victim this be a good fight , K.O. 2 might consider bringing her over :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kzeEmJFLI&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Mikel wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the trailers for a show on Setanta featuring Aisling?

Has it been shown yet?

Nope. It will be part of Setanta's sports matters series on Tuesdays at 10pm. It will air sometime in April. Not sure about the date yet but I'll post here when I get it.

Congrats Ais.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gillian147

Thats fantastic news Ais! Its great to see female athletes being recognised. Looking forward to your next fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Congratulations Ash! Great to have a girl from Ireland being successful in MMA. First seen you on that promo for the SBG gym with Tom Egan & then last night on Extreme Sports in Cage Rage grounding Pounding that turkish girl! Fingers crossed there will be a title somewhere in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Well done girl!!
    I only heard it on Friday at the door where I was working, was sooooo happy for you. Congratulations!! Whoop whoop:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Cool.

Any chance of getting a crack off any of the others in the top ten Aisling?
    Are any of the rest of them based in Europe (bar Rosi who I asume you wouldn't fight)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

It's incredible to think there is an Irish fighter who is world ranked, the sport is truly progressing here, and rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

wayne1 wrote: »
    Ash nice to see u up there wit the top girls farplay:), here is a victim this be a good fight , K.O. 2 might consider bringing her over :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kzeEmJFLI&feature=related

Would be a good test for Ais alright, hopefully it is possible...

Great stuff gettin into the WAMMA rankings though, well done..

They're all pretty much Japan or US based girls ahead of me bar Rosi, hopefully the opportunity will come to fight some of them just need a decent promotion to put it altogether.
    Lisa Ward normally fights at 110lbs or 115lbs, I could make 115lbs but I reckon it'd be bad day for her I'd be alot stronger, I'd rather be tested at 125lbs but I'd fight heavier also for the right offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

They're all pretty much Japan or US based girls ahead of me bar Rosi, hopefully the opportunity will come to fight some of them just need a decent promotion to put it altogether.
    Lisa Ward normally fights at 110lbs or 115lbs, I could make 115lbs but I reckon it'd be bad day for her I'd be alot stronger, I'd rather be tested at 125lbs but I'd fight heavier also for the right offer :D

Them's are fightin words....get Ward over lol...ah fair play Ais, great to see ya getting recognised..

• Advertisement

Thanks :) Hopefully it'll fall into place for me this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Thanks :) Hopefully it'll fall into place for me this year!

yea here's hoping.

Chuffed for ya. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

Just seen this post. Congrats Aisling, it's great to see Female Irish fighters making it. Well done chick xxx

Advertisement