Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance for Disabled Driver

Options
  • 05-03-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Today I received notification of my car insurance renewal policy. I am insured with Hibernian Insurance thru 123.ie Brokers. They have quoted me €947.00 fully comprehensive. They also included a quote of €665 from a company called Travelers Insurance Company Limited(no, me neither?). I have never heard of Travelers, and I am confused as to which quote to go for?? I am scared that the Travelers company could be a bit of a "Del Boy" operation?? But I am also peed off at Hibernian's quote being so high. I don't know what to do.....?

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice welcome.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

I have never heard of Travelers
    http://www.travelers.ie/
    see also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RLJ wrote: »

Thanks for that. I got a quote of €535 (fully comprehensive) from FBD for the exact same type of policy. So I think I'll be going with that one. I also cut out the "middle man"(broker), and rang them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

Thanks for that. .
    No problem
    So I think I'll be going with that one. I also cut out the "middle man"(broker), and rang them myself.
    I always go direct

RLJ wrote: »
    I always go direct

I'll be doing that from now on. I couldn't believe how much I saved!? And I couldn't believe how reluctant Hibernian(thru the broker)were to reduce their premium quote.....? I had to push it(no pun intended!)to get €50! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Today I received notification of my car insurance renewal policy. I am insured with Hibernian Insurance thru 123.ie Brokers. They have quoted me €947.00 fully comprehensive. They also included a quote of €665 from a company called Travelers Insurance Company Limited(no, me neither?). I have never heard of Travelers, and I am confused as to which quote to go for?? I am scared that the Travelers company could be a bit of a "Del Boy" operation?? But I am also peed off at Hibernian's quote being so high. I don't know what to do.....?

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice welcome.

:)
    Ask 123.ie - you're paying a broker fee for broker advice, so don't be afraid to ask them. They might cut their price to beat FBD with a bit of pressure.

• Advertisement

I went back and asked them, and the most they were willing to reduce it by was €50, so I went with FBD directly who quoted me €535 fully comprehensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

i had to leave my broker of yrs because i became a disabled driver and the quote was about 600 ish, too much.
    was then told by disability office that only one company in Ireland deal with DD policies, they are called First Ireland, brokers, & apparently the only ones who can get disabled drivers quotes!!

They quoted me big money, but i pushed & got them down to 250 per year, and even when the quote comes in each year it is a lot more - but i refere them back to the 250 & each time they have kept is at that for me. I also get them to take off the breakdown coverage they sneak in, as i change my car every two (took me 5 years to pay for a new car & that is why i did it, so 2 years i get a new model & with the vrt & tax off, i never have to pay anything).

Best thing is to ask for reduction - especially in this day and age, no one wants to lose customers.

all the best

Advertisement