Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete 'add words' in T9 Samsung Tocco f480

• 06-03-2009 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey,new to this :o and hope someone can help...i have a samsung tocco f480 and added words to my t9 Dictionary and now when i type in the word 'at' 'CV' comes up, it's a pain - does anyone know if these words can be deleted from the Dictionary??? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I don't think so but if it's anything like a nokia, if you override cv to at enough times it'll take over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I'm wondering did anybody ever resolve this issue. I am having the exact same problem now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

NADA wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old topic but I'm wondering did anybody ever resolve this issue. I am having the exact same problem now.

If you type 'At' five times, does it not override the 'cv' or whatever words you having the problem with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 princess-teresa

Hi Nada, No sorry never got it sorted, I've ended up giving the phone to my daugher and got the Tocco lite, it's easier to add/change words on the lite than f480. sorry can't help!! Wonder if you restore factory setting would that work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vince4

Just letting you know that if you get the programme "Javainstall" or "TkFileExplorer" you can edit the information in the phone. I use this programme to install games for free on my Samsung f480 and when I had the same problem with the T9 as well, I thought there must be some file that controls the words I have "added" to the dictionary. So I looked on this programme.

If you enter this, then go into "User" then find T9udb. Once you are in there, delete the T9udb.dat file. This will remove the words that you have added to the dictionary, in essence "resetting" the T9 dictionary.

Regards,
    Vince

• Advertisement
Advertisement