Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the panic on.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭hk

Sparks wrote: »
    No, wait a minute, hang on. The Article 7 is for you, for a personal import. It's something the Gardai fill out and it's a legal entitlement under EU law, like the europass. The Article 11 is something you only have to get if you're going through the dealer, and the DoJ issue those and can refuse them. So if the 11's been refused, you can go do it yourself with an article 7. Right?

You are right, an article 7 will allow you to bring in the pistol yourself. When I got my pistol there were no gun dealers bringing them in. I got my licience and art 7 and forwarded a copy of the licience and the origional art 7 to the dealer up north. He then sent it to the dept of trade in london who issue him with an export licience with my name on it, that export licience also allows you to have that firearm (and any specified quantity of ammo on it) over a period of a few days for the purpose of collecting it from the dealer, ie you drive up north get the firearm and drive back home and yor export licience covers you if stoped but only within a short timeframe (20 odd days)

Advertisement