Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An announcement from your friendly AFL forum

Options
  • 06-03-2009 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

As some of you may or may not know, the start of the Aussie Rules season is less than 3 weeks away. Last year the AFL forum ran a very successful fantasy game in which 16 people took part. This year we're running it again with two leagues to join.

Post from AFL forum -
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's back! The AFL season kicks off on March 26th it's time to pick your team for the 2nd Boards AFL Fantasy League.

Last year's competition was very successful and quite competitive right down to the very.

Hopefully there will be as much interest this year.

Those that played last year can log in to their accounts as usual and join the leagues.

Any n00bs can simply log on to http://aflfantasy.foxsports.com.au and set up an account before entering.

I'm setting up two competitions -

- Classic League (Code: 1333-82) - Usual fantasy format

- Head to Head League (Code: 1333-92) - Each player in the league will play all teams twice (Home & Away) your round score versus your opponents round score. 4pts for a win and 2pts for a draw. 12 teams are needed.

Any questions feel free to post them here or drop me a PM.

Good luck!

Even if you don't know a lot about the game it's still great fun. Hopefully one or two here have an interest and can help boost the numbers.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Sound good Xavi6

Hope you don't mind if i add onto ozeire.com

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

I have no appreciation for AFL, rugby league, cricket or that lame excuse for a soccer league here.

I mean I'm completely ignorant of the teams and players, the history and the general affairs of the leagues. And the TV coverage here sure as hell hasn't jogged any interest. I've only seen a little bit of Foxtel coverage but that doesn't seem much good either. The sports bulletins on ABC et al. show the briefest of highlights and tend to focus on controveries and press conference quotes which don't mean a f**king thing in the first place.

I am however trying to read up on the Super 14s, which is probably pound for pound the best sporting league for entertainment and competitiveness I know of (ok, bar European club football - debatable?). It makes the European Cup look like slow motion rugby. I'm hoping the Kiwi teams can come up trumps and buck the trend of bigger money clubs rising to the top. The Waratahs', with their ultra tough defence, have started really strongly however with 3 strong wins from 3, but the Reds are putting it up to them into the second half of this weekend's game.

Sorry to hijack thread a bit, hope the fantasy league goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I most certainly wouldn't know enough about this to take part in:( Although in saying that, it won't stop me showingto matches when I'm over there. Maybe then Iwill know more, and enter next year(long-term planning)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ozeire wrote: »
    Sound good Xavi6

Hope you don't mind if i add onto ozeire.com

Al

Go for it. The more the merrier.

Only 12 spots in the Head 2 Head league though so first come first serve for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

• Advertisement

Welll we're doing the Fox Sports one and I found it good last year. Very like the popular Fantasy Premier League one for soccer.

Shameless bump

So far we have 8 people in for the season. We need another 4 more to get the Head 2 Head league up and running. Entrants to the main league are unlimited so get your team in now.

2 weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Just joined right now, I expect this to be a disaster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

i think the afl one is heaps better but i guess i'll use the fox sports one for the league...

The reason I've gone for the FOx one again is because it worked well last year and I hoped the familiarity with it might get those who played last back involved again.

If you or anyone else wants to set up one on AFL then go for it. I'll definitely join.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

ah its not worth the hassle.

just signed up and joined both the leagues. only one person more needed for head to head!

Hmmm there's someone in the Head 2 Head but not in the main league. Wonder why that is.

Good numbers though so far.

The Head 2 Head league is now FULL.

People can still join the main league however (Code: 1333-82)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

thats probably me...will sort it out later, just hope I have internet access over the next few months to keep this up...that ruined this years run in the fantasy premiership but this should be interesting anyway

Advertisement