Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Speed Problems

Options
  • 06-03-2009 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,

Just got my Eircom 7mb broadband delivered yesterday, nice shiny siliver router box. Few things, my exchange (Kilbride) in Wicklow (Redcross Area) just became enabled last Wednesday and the line can take 12mb Eircom told me.

Minor gripes, setup CD does not run on Macs, no matter though as the Mac say the router and i just put the WPA code in, all working.

I went straight onto irishisptest and speedtest.net to run speed checks, between 8pm and 11:30pm last night the speed was consistant at 2.6mb download everytime. I though ok maybe this is just contention (1:48) but then if the exchange only came on line Wednesday and i live in a farm kinda area so i doubt many new connections yet this surely cant be it.

So I tried this morning at 5am and im sure i was probably the only person on, especially if 1:48 is related to my exchange (not sure) but again speed was identical 2.6mb download.

This suggests that they have just not turned the line upt to 7mb, what do you think, any experts have an opinion ?

Im going to ring support this morning to check im hoping this is all it is.

Regards

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 smythc

Right figured out the problem, i put the router on a line that was not the main phone line, main line is in hall, i have put it in the office which from eircoms scans show a max of 3mb.

problem solved :eek:

Advertisement