Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hawx

• 06-03-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Anyone buy it yet ? Tried the demo and found in the training mission the assistance off mode was very weird, a bit unintuitive. The developers said you typically have to switch between assistance on and off to complete in order to pull off extreme maneuvers in a lot of the missions, so not sure if I would enjoy playing like this. On the 2nd level (Glass Hammer), thought where the game calculates the interception path made things a bit easy. Overall not sure if I should buy this. Have read some reviews where the game has being accused of being quite boring in places.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I guess noone has bought it then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yeah, reviews aren't great so far! Apparently it isn't as good as Ace Combat 6 and i thought that was pretty pooh. They should bring out a new Crimson Skies game for the 360, now that was a fun flying game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, reviews aren't great so far! Apparently it isn't as good as Ace Combat 6 and i thought that was pretty pooh.
    If you just completly ignore the absolute sham of a story, Ace Combat 6 is actually quite good. Gameplay wise anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kiith wrote: »
    If you just completly ignore the absolute sham of a story, Ace Combat 6 is actually quite good. Gameplay wise anyway.

I was basing my opinion on gameplay!

The story was a bit mental though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

wasnt blown away by the demo at all

As for AC story..the whole dancing with angels stuff :rolleyes: STFU!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Rented it and thought it was decent enough. Wouldn't buy it as it gets boring quickly. The campaign missions are a bit repetitive, thought the graphics and landscapes looked well.

A decent arcadey shooter for anyone that isn't big into planes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The only good thing about the game is the selection of fighters I liked the old school generation they have included. I think only Ace Combat 5 has a similar amount. But its just too arcady and does not play aswell as Ace Combat 6, its just doesn't feel right. Also Ace Combat 6 even though its 18 months old looks alot better than this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Multiplayer is very good..most of the ranked matches have you a set amount of missiles such as 2-4 and you've to use cannon after that so multi is miles better than AC6.
    There's a nice mix of planes and each of them have their own strengths...most people go for the F22 as soon as they unlock it..as it has high angles of attack and stealth..however seeing as your missiles are soon gone you're down to cannon and since some planes have dual cannon such as the F20/Mirage 2000-5 these give you a nice advantage over the more agile fighters..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Played the demo and got bored after twenty minutes. Great graphics though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Multiplayer is very good..most of the ranked matches have you a set amount of missiles such as 2-4 and you've to use cannon after that so multi is miles better than AC6.
    There's a nice mix of planes and each of them have their own strengths...most people go for the F22 as soon as they unlock it..as it has high angles of attack and stealth..however seeing as your missiles are soon gone you're down to cannon and since some planes have dual cannon such as the F20/Mirage 2000-5 these give you a nice advantage over the more agile fighters..

Not much use if the game is a snoozefest as other people have pointed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Played the demo.

Wont be playing the full game anytime soon.

Boring as hell, it does look great though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I liked the demo, havent clocked up that many milers on it yet but i'd probably buy it.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Masada wrote: »
    I liked the demo, havent clocked up that many milers on it yet but i'd probably buy it.,

good man u are..never mind the gimps..especially flaccus ..he wouldn' know a flight sim if you hopped a F18 off his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Planned on gettin it for the PC so i could use a joystick with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I have to say I enjoyed it, maybe get a litle bit boring after a while, so might wait till it drops in price or just rent it, all in all not bad.

Advertisement