Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handyman/Roofer for fitting bird guard

Options
  • 06-03-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I want a handyman or roofer to fit a bird guard on my 3-bed house chiminey. How much a bird guard cost and where can I buy it? Its not available in B&Q. How much do a handyman/roofer charge for this service (supply and fit the bird guard)? Can anybody please provide me the phone number of the person who can do this for me in Clondalkin,Dublin area?

Thanks
    G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

The Pikeys came around and fitted mine for 20 euro Supply and fit.

Was surprised how cheap it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

Do you have their phone? Can u plz pm me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

guessaname wrote: »
    Do you have their phone? Can u plz pm me?

LOL. they live in caravans. Sorry for the carcasim

They come around here every year and knock on our doors. trying to buy and sell junk offering tarmac servce and fitting bird guards
    . really. ya want to see the shape of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

You can pick up these bird guards in most DIY stores, incl Woodies. Most chimney sweeps would be able to fit one for you or else you could try the following guy who repaired my chimney last year:

http://www.mitchellchimneys.ie/

He's based in Sallins, Co. Kildare and would be about 30 minutes from Clondalkin. He is very reasonable regarding cost and he does an excellent job. Get him to clean the chimney while he's there. He will probably also supply the bird guard if you ask him.

Advertisement