Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo sticking

Options
  • 06-03-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what type of material you guys wear to stop a tattoo badly sticking to your clothes?
    I find it most annoying trying to peel a T-shirt or bed sheets from a fresh tattoo in the morning. It seems to lift quite a lot ink off as well.
    Does this do any damage to the tattoo?

I tried putting cling film over affected area but it inevitably falls off in the course of the night especially if your trying the cover a large piece in an akward position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I usually use cling film, and tape the ends of the problematic bits that fall off to my body.
    I usually still end up with the cling film slipping to halfway down the tattooby morning, but for the most part it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Same as, I use cling film (after washing and moisturising the tattoo) and then if you can get some surgical tape, stick it to your body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i had no cling film the last time, t-shirt stuck like a mofo

actually, going to put it here, with my stars and lillies , i was told to leave it and wash it the mornin after, and then dont touch it at all for five day(not even to moisturise it ).. they turned out fine tbh!

then i was reading here alot about aftercare methods and i was like hmmm thats strange.

got the feathers done in a different place, and they asked me where they still giving that advice and where kinda shocked tbh.. and gave me a big lecture of why not to do that..
    followed there aftercare, of washing it, moisturising it etc, and it healed a lot faster and quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Vangoz I've been using aloe vera lately, I find it heals quicker as well as keeping the area moisturised but not sticky. Usually i cling film for the first 3 nights but last couple of times used aloe and wore a loose cotton tee and it didnt stick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Just bought a fat tube of Bepanthen, I think i have some aloe vera left over from when I toasted my face on holidays, so i'll give that a go tonight.

Tried wearing a silky type jersey (not P.J's :D) to bed last night and that stuck the worst out of anything else!!
    actually, going to put it here, with my stars and lillies , i was told to leave it and wash it the mornin after, and then dont touch it at all for five day(not even to moisturise it ).. they turned out fine tbh!

Yeah i tend not to go near it for at least 2 days with any cream, I find if you apply too much too regularly it takes well longer to heal.

Is it just me or does anyone else get this..... Say for 5 or so days after getting a tattoo when I quickly heat up, say after drinking tea too quick, being in a confined area like getting on to packed bus etc the tattooed area becomes unbelieveably itchy to the point where its stings (well thats the closest way of describing it), and the only relief is to get equally cold.. like standing in front of an open fridge... doing a snow angel etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

yep, certain types of clothing do it to me too, the tatt raises it becomes so itchy

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

vangoz wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else get this..... Say for 5 or so days after getting a tattoo when I quickly heat up, say after drinking tea too quick, being in a confined area like getting on to packed bus etc the tattooed area becomes unbelieveably itchy to the point where its stings (well thats the closest way of describing it), and the only relief is to get equally cold.. like standing in front of an open fridge... doing a snow angel etc?

That happened with my last tattoo. I thought it was because my pants were rubbing on it, so didn't think too much of it. (It kinda reminded me of the feeling when one has shingles... nerve pain.)

Advertisement