Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless keyboard

Options
  • 06-03-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

I want a key board and mouse that can reach over 5 meters. Anyone has one and where did you get it and how much was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

I have a Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 (keyboard & Mouse) I’ve only ever used it from about three metres but it says its range is 16 feet (which is 5m if I’m not mistaken)
    I will check it out tonight when I get home and post results from 5m

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

I have alogiteck ex110 it can reach 4 meters at 5 it is a bit intermittant. But it has a lead about 1 meter long to connect to the computer. If you got a similar one it may be possible to extend the lead nearer to the location you are using the key board from. Effectively increasing reception distance also the batteries are about 3 months old at this stage
    hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

it does help, thanks! will check straight away what the costs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Howya Dar, I can only get my keyboard 4metres away from the transmitter/receiver due to space in my room. I would have to move my pc out onto the landing to get more space to see if it works at 5m + and I'm too hungover for that :o
    Good point by Adder, you can extend the lead of the transmitter/receiver with a usb extender if you had somewhere to mount it for that extra bit of distance. I reckon you'll be ok unless you're livin in one of those gaffs in cribs

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

it does help, thanks! will check straight away what the costs are.
    forgot to add this last night, but I added a small slide switch to the back of the mouse to save batteries. The keyboard does not seem to be heavy on the batteries though so no need for switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Howya Dar, I can only get my keyboard 4metres away from the transmitter/receiver due to space in my room. I would have to move my pc out onto the landing to get more space to see if it works at 5m + and I'm too hungover for that :o
    Good point by Adder, you can extend the lead of the transmitter/receiver with a usb extender if you had somewhere to mount it for that extra bit of distance. I reckon you'll be ok unless you're livin in one of those gaffs in cribs

pretty hangover myself so I fully understand! I didnt find your keyboard at komplett (yet) found the ex110 though. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement