Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mp3 Cd

• 06-03-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

I'v been making some mp3 mix cds for a club I dj at, just for functions etc in the background! I'm burning them via itunes and the odd song comes up file not support on the cd decks (denon) but the same file works when burned on in conventional way (I did this to test) so can anyone shed light on why his is happening? Its about one out of every 40 mp3s does it

Sorry if this is the wrong section but its urgent!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

When you burn it in a conventional way, you're buring uncompressed music so pretty much anything will play it as long as they support CD-R/RW.

With mp3 CD's the hardware has to uncompress the data so I'd imagine you're either burning some MP4/AAC files onto the cd or you're burning variable bitrate (VBR) MP3's which may not work. I'd assume its' the former though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, right click on the files you're having problems with and choose get info (I think that's it, haven't used the shockingly **** iTunes in ages)
    It should tell you the file format there, chances are it's a wma, mp4, aac etc instead of just .mp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Vbr's play no problem, you just cant set the time to 'remain' and i tried to fix this by changing import settings to non vbr etc and creating mp3 version of my whole library(which took forever) and yet still vbr comes up but at least they play!
    The file type is just mpeg and there are no details really out of place with the next file which plays no problem! it has me stumped . . . . . when burning the audio cd the files are mp3 that are going on to it just in conventional cd form

Advertisement