Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthquake!! (What next?!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I was having a little snooze and it actually woke me up. I knew it was an earthquake straight away after having lived in San Francisco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

I must have been numbed by the red wine 'cause I felt nothing..
    That or I was too absorbed by Ikea's latest cushion additions....

Lolz wasn't the wine earlier this arvo? I thought you were on the JD's by that stage!

JD's? What you talking about Willis?

;)

(I'm on the vodka now) :D

2424512166_302c761226.jpg

Addendum - just to pull it back on topic if you drink enough you wont feel any earthquakes

• Advertisement

Who gave you that photo? :eek:

Sammag wrote: »
    Who gave you that photo? :eek:
    I got it off your FB page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah guys seen that . Was there much damage there ?

dSTAR wrote: »
    I got it off your FB page :D

Facebook?! I'm not on Facebook.

Facebook?! I'm not on Facebook.
    Ahh crap. Did your profile get pulled again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I must have been numbed by the red wine 'cause I felt nothing..
    That or I was too absorbed by Ikea's latest cushion additions....

ha, chick i know, moved to nz from mauritius, and her first time getting pissed, in nz, she says she remember sitting on the floor, and the whole room was shaking, at which point she decided she was too drunk and went to bed. found out in work the next monday it'd been an earthquake.

but shi.t man, that's a lot of crap for one state to go through...

i wonder if there's any nutjobs out there who blame it on ye being too friendly to the gays...

ha, chick i know, moved to nz from mauritius, and her first time getting pissed, in nz, she says she remember sitting on the floor, and the whole room was shaking, at which point she decided she was too drunk and went to bed. found out in work the next monday it'd been an earthquake.

but shi.t man, that's a lot of crap for one state to go through...

i wonder if there's any nutjobs out there who blame it on ye being too friendly to the gays...

Huh? Seriously I just meant I had too much wine... ?!?

ha, sorry, you just reminded me of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Stuff all damage apparently. I'm sure there's some broken crockery here and there and some building somewhere might have a crack in it, but it was a more minor of the dramas lately, certainly!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

dSTAR wrote: »
    2424512166_302c761226.jpg

Addendum - just to pull it back on topic if you drink enough you wont feel any earthquakes

Good to see that they went and hid under the table though so ready prepared for an earthquake occurring during your unconsciousness.

has anyone else had to do earthquake drills while in work?

ill be honest, i hadn't known new zealand had earthquakes until we had to do a drill at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

has anyone else had to do earthquake drills while in work?

ill be honest, i hadn't known new zealand had earthquakes until we had to do a drill at work.

Because I'm the office manager I'm in charge of all the emergency procedures etc. On my first week of work I had to get our emergency water barrles changed and update our 3 civil defence cabinets. It totally freaked me out! Apparently the building I work in is earthquake proof safe (is one of the tallest building's in Wellington), the earthquake commission is a few floors below us but still...it's totally freaky. I took my parents to Te Papa when they were here and I don't think my mum realised it was so earthquakey here until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

It scared the **** out of us on Friday night. Watching tv and then the whole house started shaking. Really freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

And another one today. I felt it this time. Though it didn't feel like a big one. My first earthquake! :)

Advertisement