Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodaone MISP

• 06-03-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what kind of speeds you get from vodafone using this access point? Thinking of moving to RTG and using this at 19c per MB do Vodafone have a HSDPA network?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

For the best info on this you probably should give a look at the midband forum, it deals with all the speeds of mobile operators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

The isp.vodafone.ie APN seems to be capped off at around 384 kbps download and 58 kbps upload. Measured using Speedtest App on an iPhone on this APN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    For the best info on this you probably should give a look at the midband forum, it deals with all the speeds of mobile operators

I had a look there but its all about 3 and Meteor, was just looking to see how they compare to 3 are they using HSDPA?

CivilEx wrote: »
    The isp.vodafone.ie APN seems to be capped off at around 384 kbps download and 58 kbps upload. Measured using Speedtest App on an iPhone on this APN.

Thanks for that hmmm I wonder is there a difference when using MISP maybe thats the faster one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

CivilEx wrote: »

are you sure that isn't just the max speed of the iphone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

MiCr0 wrote: »
    are you sure that isn't just the max speed of the iphone?
    Absoloutely sure that the iPhone is not the issue here. If you use hs.vodafone.ie as the APN you typically get up to 1500 kbps on vodafone and similarly with O2 on their "internet" APN

These are just spot checks and not absolute values btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

mcguyver wrote: »
    I had a look there but its all about 3 and Meteor, was just looking to see how they compare to 3 are they using HSDPA?

Yes, they use hsdpa, I have the vodafone modem and can get good speeds on it when im travelling around

so if I use hs.vodafone.ie will it still be 19c per mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

whats the AP for Vodafone MUFF?

Advertisement