Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooked chicken

• 06-03-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I roasted up a chicken a few weeks back and froze the bits. Now, how can I use this chicken? If I've got a recipe that requires chicken (which presumably means uncooked), is it possible to substitute with the cooked chicken and if so, how would the process change? I would think that I do everything as normal but rather than needing to cook the chicken, I simply heat it up, for example, if I was making a curry, what would I need to do differently?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

For a curry you'd saute your onions, garlic,veg etc and add the chicken with the liquid. Otherwise it would fall apart. The texture will be slightly different to uncooked chicken pieces but will still be yummy.
    You could also use the chicken for the famous chicken & broccoli bake, there are a few recipes for it around here if you search.
    Speaking of curry, I'm not much into Thai green curry etc but I have a good 'old-fashioned' home-cooked curry recipe if you want it.

Advertisement