Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Options
  • 06-03-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

I have had a fairly traumatic life to put it simply.

I have been in and out of psych hospitals since I was 13 (am now 20).

Doctors have had an awful time diagnosing me and it's been an ongoing struggle from the age of 13. I havea number of smaller diagnoses, but as for my main one its gone from severe depression to possible schizophrenia to bipolar disorder to borderline personality disorder....none of them seeming to fully fit.

Finally after all these years they seem to have hit the nail on the head with the diagnosis of chronic ongoing complex PTSD.

I have had simple PTSD in the past, but complex PTSD seems to be a completely different thing altogether. It explains me completely, however it also seems to be a fairly new diagnosis, and I have yet to meet anyone on the millions of message boards i frequent (mental health sites included) who either have the disorder or have experience with it.

Does anyone know anything about it? I'm really just looking for some other people with expereince to chat to and get some answers from.

Advertisement