Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone sales in New York

• 06-03-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

im off to New York for a few days and would like to try and pick up an unlocked iphone as im told you can pick them up for a couple of hundred dollars, does anyone know where i can buy one we are staying near central park. any advise would be appriciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

ronanl wrote: »
    im off to New York for a few days and would like to try and pick up an unlocked iphone as im told you can pick them up for a couple of hundred dollars, does anyone know where i can buy one we are staying near central park. any advise would be appriciated.
    Cheers

Sounds like pub talk to me.

Maybe second hand and first gen, very much doubt the 3G would be going for that money, peoples contracts will not be up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

you can buy them unlocked in loads of places just about any electronic store in and around times square but you will be ripped off the most there. i found a place selling 3g iphones next to new york city library (i think its the library great big old building anyway) intersects with park ave. that was selling them at a reasonable price less then 800 dollars 16gigs. no known name shops will sell them unlocked thats for sure but in the places im talking about you would be able to haggle them down in price.
    also the places that sell them are easy to spot there was signs saying "selling unlocked iphones here" with the phone in the windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Its good that I'm not a mod because I'd slap you with a ban. Go read the 101 other threads on sourcing an iphone in America.

1. Iphone 3G isn't available brand new on PrePay, you need to sign a 2 Year AT&T contract with an American Social Security Number.
    2.You will only 2nd hand iphone 2G.

For more information just go to the box that says SEARCH THIS FORUM and look for iphone 3g and America.!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciarán_Dublin

I was over in November. Asked in about 20 places.

Best price I got was $400 for an unlocked 8gb mobile.

Average was $650 for 8gb.

Highest was $1000 for 8gb.

The 400 and 1000 were both on 5th avenue. 400 was one of the small electronic shops beside about 3 large one on the right hand side of 5th AVE heading TOWARDS Central park around 40th st.

1000 one was on the left about 55th street on 5th AVE.

In the end I didnt bother with one

Advertisement