Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Beautiful Cervix

Options
  • 06-03-2009 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend brought this website to my attention as I'm always on about 'girly things' as he puts it :) I thought I might share it here for those that might be interested as well. The female body is a wonder.

It's a website where a woman takes pictures, with the help of her boyfriend, of her cervix every day for one menstrual cycle. Extremely informative and empowering.

[NSFW]http://www.beautifulcervix.com/[/NSFW]

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I doubt the filter here at work will let me see that!

\edit Yep I was right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have to be flat out honest and say that sounds completely ****ed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That sounds cool.
    It's one of the parts of your own body which you are really never going to see.

EDIT:

Just looked at it, funny how much her cervix looks like the gland of the head of a penis.
    The changes in the vagina as she goes through her cycle and the different fluids
    present is also pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Thaedydal wrote: »
    That sounds cool.
    It's one of the parts of your own body which you are really never going to see.

Uh, actually I think there are quite a few parts which you are never really going to see. Hopefully not anyway!

Well I can easily see behind my own ears with a mirror but the list of body parts that you can touch with your finger but not see is not that many.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

They should show stuff like this in sex ed classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Well that was...different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

That's great crack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

And the point is?

Cervix sounds too much like crucifix for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i better not regret this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

And the point is?
    The point is that it's a woman understanding and appreciating her own body, something that many other women should be encouraged to do more of.

It's tLL ffs, we do this kind of stuff here, it's one of the reasons why tLL is here.

Go away. Seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

g'em wrote: »
    The point is that it's a woman understanding and appreciating her own body, something that many other women should be encouraged to do more of.

It's tLL ffs, we do this kind of stuff here, it's one of the reasons why tLL is here.

Go away. Seriously.
    Fine, I'll go over to tBGRH forum and post a picture of my nut sack so others can appreciate my body with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

It's very interesting ... but I have to admit, it made me feel quite nauseous. I'm really not sure why! :confused:

No, you can try the men's health forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Ughhh I coudn't resist looking but I wish I hadn't now.

I definitely could have lived happily without knowing what a cervix looked like, now that I've seen it!

It doesn't look beautiful to me at all, it looks disgusting!

And sorry but.....how on earth did he take those photos?????

Plastic speculum, light and camera.
    So Dragan you won't be setting up Irelands first cervix portrait photo service then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Polleta

I feel slightly ill now.... I'm also not sure I feel like it was anything I needed to know... Hmmm I'll ponder about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

All I can say is wow.. Not many would put those pictures up for the world to see. Informative :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Plastic speculum, light and camera.
    So Dragan you won't be setting up Irelands first cervix portrait photo service then ?

Nope. To be honest i just wouldn't feel comfortable taking shots like that of people i don't know. Maybe if there was a market for it i would overcome that and get the job done? I have no idea!!!

Haven't looked at the pics ( i'm in work you see ) but will do when i get home. I would imagine, given the subect, that the guy used a macro ring flash or else just being in position to take the shots would block the light, most likely has a decent enough camera capable of spot metering as well.

Don't get me wrong, from a photographic perspective i find it interesting, from a biological perspective i find it interesting.

I think i just find it a bit too close to Goatsy.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think thats cool. My phone wont fit up there so I cant contribute my own cervical diary.

And thats not freaky. The self done cervical piercing I saw a link for once.. now that was freaky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I thought of the cervical piercing too. Both are pretty interesting. I'll check out these pics when I get home, not sure they'd be the most appropriate for the work environment ;)

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i better not regret this

(((Peak))) (((Peak)))

I do hope he is alright....

I thought this was going to be that doco of the cervix in action during coitus.
    Which is actually quite preety.
    I have been deeply disapointed.

Gauge wrote: »
    I thought of the cervical piercing too.

Please please tell me your joking about that!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Please please tell me your joking about that!

NOPE :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

I will never understand women!!
    Wtf those this have to do with empowerment? Why the hell do you think this is great, interesting if you were a med student or something but I mean why the hell.........
    What in god's name is going on in your heads:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Wtf those this have to do with empowerment? Why the hell do you think this is great, interesting if you were a med student or something but I mean why the hell.........

HELLO

Stop generalising, god!

I'm a woman and I said I find it disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

**Grabs Dslr, Macro lens and torch**

Who wants to see the inner beauty of the Colon?

:eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

That's not a bad thing. The differences between sexes is what keeps it interesting.
    Some women like to know about the body parts they can't see. It's a natural curiosity, nothing at all unhealthy or unnatural about it - you don't have to be studying medicine to want to appreciate how your bits work. If you don't like it, don't look at it. It very clearly states in the OP what's in the pictures - why bother looking/ commenting if you don't like it?
    Jeez, chillax, we're the irrational, hormonal ones...

That these are photos of the changes of the cycle of the month with all it's
    changes that has happened to me from the time I was 12.

That is what it looks like to have menstrual coming from the cervix after cramps and bloating and that is what the cervix looks like when it is ripening when ovulation is going to happen.

And there is a picture of that stringy clear mucus right before ovulation
    and there is the thick heavy mucus that happens when the ova breaks
    down and leave the body. Actual pictures and we are actually having
    a converstaion about that physical process that we all go through
    but so few of us ever talk to about to anyone.

But we talking about it now, that is empowerment.
    Knowing that it is normal and natural and happens the same to other women
    rather then being made to feel that you don't talk about your shame cave
    and the different types of normal discharge that happens during the
    monthly cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good stuff. I really like the fact that her and her man are that intimate with each other. At my most intimate with a woman, she feels like an extension of my own body(and mine with her) and I've deep interest and involvement with her because of that. Sadly rare though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement