Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Beautiful Cervix

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Something along the same vein is this website with photos of "normal breasts". Most breasts that women see are just their own, maybe those of a few family members or close friends and the rest comes through the mainstream media and are airbrushed and sexualised to the max.

So this website aims to show women what other womens' breasts look like normally! And most photos are accompanied by a few words by the woman about how they feel about their breasts. NSFW..

http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I've seen mine :) If you have a colposcopy you get to see the whole thing on the screen. It was... interesting but I wouldn't say beautiful! My 3 months post partum cervix looked quite different to that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

I can't believe i actually went to the site i'm scarred for life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

defness wrote: »
    I can't believe i actually went to the site i'm scarred for life

Nothing you haven't seen before, since you came out of one and all :rolleyes:

Really folks, it's just another body part. Why so squicky about it? I'll admit they're not exactly 'beautiful', but they're far from 'scarring' or 'repulsive'. It's a really interesting project.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I actually only just found out exactly where the cervix was what with Jade Goody and all.

So no, I won't be clicking on that link.

Pretty weird topic to start a title on.

If a man started a site called "my beautiful rectum" using shots taken using a camera wedged up his arse during the different phases of his digestive cycle he'd quite rightly be labeled a pervert.

Why then when a woman does it it's "beautiful?"

Maybe it's because my definition of beautiful involves a country walk on a clear spring day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

that's a really cool idea

I really had no idea what a cervix looked like before (all I've seen are diagrams) and to see it throughout the entire cycle is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

hmmm strange :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 declanx

Well I didn't look yet (in work), but I can guess what my wife would do if I wanted to take a picture of her cervix. She would hurt me real bad, and not in a good way.
    But hey if you want to post pic's of your inside more power to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

shellyboo wrote: »
    Nothing you haven't seen before, since you came out of one and all :rolleyes:

Really folks, it's just another body part. Why so squicky about it? I'll admit they're not exactly 'beautiful', but they're far from 'scarring' or 'repulsive'. It's a really interesting project.

"Scarring" and "repulsive" is all a matter of individual perspective.

Somebody with Genophobia might find the though of looking at a cervix to very scary indeed.

And if anybody has any indept memories of there own birth and what the inside of their mother looks like i would be hugely surprised.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jayteecork wrote: »
    If a man started a site called "my beautiful rectum" using shots taken using a camera wedged up his arse during the different phases of his digestive cycle he'd quite rightly be labeled a pervert.

Maybe it's because my definition of beautiful involves a country walk on a clear spring day.
    TBH I lolled:D It does raise a good point though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

I actually only just found out exactly where the cervix was what with Jade Goody and all.

So no, I won't be clicking on that link.

Pretty weird topic to start a title on.

Well, with the whole Jade Goody thing, which you've actually referred to... how exactly is it weird? Anything which makes women aware of their cervix is a good thing, yes?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not everyone wants to look at their own insides, or anyone elses. If you're squeamish, it may not be your cup of tea. Ive seen the inside of my own large intestine (dont ask) and while it was interesting, I doubt Ill ever want to repeat the experience.

But for women, it is very informative to know what your innards look like. We have a lot of intimate dealings with our gentalia, and it is helpful to know where abouts everything is, and how it works. Take the gspot for example. Its worth knowing where that is and how to reach it.

I doubt there is a man posting on boards who isnt intimately acquainted with his own penis, and thats all normal and natural. Why should a womans bits be different, just because they're on the inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Oryx wrote: »
    I doubt there is a man posting on boards who isnt intimately acquainted with his own penis, and thats all normal and natural. Why should a womans bits be different, just because they're on the inside?

Indeed, but at least you have a doorway to peak in, we only get a tiny window.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

i just had to look didnt I

quite disgusting

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dragan wrote: »
    Indeed, but at least you have a doorway to peak in, we only get a tiny window.
    Youll need to explain that..

Getting quite annoyed with all the 'disgusting' comments now folks.

I can just imagine the response women would get if, when a fella gets his penis out, we all went "ewwwwww!", "I'm scarred for life", "That's repulsive!".

And just because something is natural or part of a cycle of birth and rebirth doesn't make it beautiful either.

You can show me snaps of a cow ****ting from different perspectives all day and I'm not going to find it beautiful in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I just looked at it, and while not something I would describe as Pretty, It is a beautiful thing, just how perfectly in tune the human body is.

Also, viewed the Pre and Post coital. While it is something I have felt many time, this is my first time seeing it, it doesn't disgust me one bit. I am quite interested in the female anatomy, and absolutely love the Vagina, so I don't mind seeing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I don't think that the whole concept of it is in any way disgusting or gruesome, and fair play to the girl for putting the photos up, must have taken a lot of guts! I know that there's nothing wrong or disgusting about any part of the human body ... but when I looked at the photos, I just felt really pukey. I suppose it just looked different to what I expected ... and the blood and discharge and stuff really put me off.

I can just imagine the response women would get if, when a fella gets his penis out, we all went "ewwwwww!", "I'm scarred for life", "That's repulsive!".

eh?

I hope you're being somehow ironic, because I think that's the general reaction a man would get if he took out his penis in front of women.

The only woman he wouldn't get that reaction is from his girlfriend when he's with her in the bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Don't get me wrong, from a photographic perspective i find it interesting, from a biological perspective i find it interesting.

I think i just find it a bit too close to Goatsy.

LoL.

But we talking about it now, that is empowerment.
    Knowing that it is normal and natural and happens the same to other women
    rather then being made to feel that you don't talk about your shame cave
    and the different types of normal discharge that happens during the
    monthly cycle.

While I think its important that we actually talk about these things and how I can see that it can be 'empowering' its really just society becoming more mature in talking about these things. I still think a lot has to be done in terms of mens health and their 'empowerment' though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

eh?

I hope you're being somehow ironic, because I think that's the general reaction a man would get if he took out his penis in front of women.

The only woman he wouldn't get that reaction is from his girlfriend when he's with her in the bedroom.
    True. I wouldn't describe my penis as 'beautiful' or would set out on a mission to put various pictures of it on the net in the hopes of it being 'empowering'.

That said, I find the reactions in this thread more interesting than the 'project' itself. :)

eh?

Not in public, clearly.

Let's say there was a photo project similar to that one where a man has pictures of his penis in various states of tumescence. I doubt you'd find too many women coming on here saying they were "scarred for life" after looking at it, that it was "repulsive" or "disgusting", or calling the person who owns the penis a 'pervert'. And if women did, I can imagine the response they'd get - they'd be called prudes and told to grow up.

Terodil wrote: »
    True. I wouldn't describe my penis as 'beautiful' or would set out on a mission to put various pictures of it on the net in the hopes of it being 'empowering'.

That said, I find the reactions in this thread more interesting than the 'project' itself. :)

You wouldn't?! I think that's kind of sad... penises are lovely :) You should show more love for your penis, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You can see your Penis when ever you want to though, this is one of the first times most women would have seen a Cervix. I actually seen one 3 times before.

Once when searching for pron, I came across a video of what I assume was a smear test and other OB/GYN related stuff.

Once in the Cervix during coitus video.

And then once in real life when I was getting intimate with a friend of mine and one thing led to another, and I wanted a looksie!!!

My penis, I have see everyday for the past 19.5 years, and I have felt more times than I can remember. But I know exactly how many Cervix I have seen, therefore Interesting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

You wouldn't?! I think that's kind of sad... penises are lovely :) You should show more love for your penis, methinks.
    Meh, I know it's rather useful and pleasant for my OH, which I appreciate. It's also a great source of pleasure for me, but beautiful? no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

I love my penis, I take it with me everywhere I go!
    In fact, I feel a little sad if I haven't seen it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Very interesting looking at that in regards to Biology but why is it empowering? I don't understand 'the empowering women', ladies here are talking about.

I agree with Wibbs on that her relationship with her boyfriend must have been extremely close and intimate to get these shots.

ps. I know i shouldn't be in TLL but 'My beautiful Cervix' caught my eye on front page. Sounds like an all girl emo band :pac:

EDIT: Not criticising ladies who say its empowering, just don't understand why it is empowering.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Needs more pink ribbons on it, then you'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Nforce wrote: »
    **Grabs Dslr, Macro lens and torch**

Who wants to see the inner beauty of the Colon?

:eek: :D

**Deletes images from camera**

Guess I won't be needing to create THAT website then :(

:p

Advertisement