Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Beautiful Cervix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

It's empowering for anyone who is having difficulty conceiving to "know" the changes to their cervix during their cycle and to be able to recognise the signs of being in the most fertile phase.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

littlebug wrote: »
    It's empowering for anyone who is having difficulty conceiving to "know" the changes to their cervix during their cycle and to be able to recognise the signs of being in the most fertile phase.

You're obviously on to some new natural, papal approved, contraceptive method - camera up your ...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

jayteecork wrote: »
    You're obviously on to some new natural, papal approved, contraceptive method - camera up your ...... :)

lol:D No

I didn't want to say the word "mucous" for fear of upsetting those have already been deeply affected by this thread. Fertile mucous has a particular look and consistency. I've read about it a lot but that's the first time i've seen a picture of it.

You do know that contraception is about avoiding conception :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Why oh why oh why did I look at that. I'd rather not know what goes on there to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I used the word empowered as I find myself empowered by knowledge. /shrug

This cycle is happening to my body every day. My body goes through temperature changes, hormonal changes with my cervic titling about the place. If I know what's happening and I understand what's happening I won't be freaking myself out over nothing. For me, I'm happier knowing things rather than being oblivious to them.

What this girl has done has allowed me to see what a bunch of words has been trying to convey to me for years.

As littlebug says this too is the first time I've seen a picture of what fertile mucous looks like.

Also, a woman should be aware of the mucous that her body is producing. It conveys the health of her system. If it's in any way different, smelling bad, clotted and so on she should consult a medical professional as she may have an infection. If you don't know what normal is it's hard to tell when something is wrong.

I'm happy that some people have found this website useful.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

shellyboo wrote: »
    Getting quite annoyed with all the 'disgusting' comments now folks.

I can just imagine the response women would get if, when a fella gets his penis out, we all went "ewwwwww!", "I'm scarred for life", "That's repulsive!".

No genitalia is attractive, that's why it's called 'bumping uglies'. Penises definitely aren't attractive!

And can you not understand why some people might find it disgusting? Especially anybody of a squeamish nature? It's very very graphic. I don't know what I was expecting when I looked at it, but definitely not all the blood and gore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

And can you not understand why some people might find it disgusting? Especially anybody of a squeamish nature? It's very very graphic. I don't know what I was expecting when I looked at it, but definitely not all the blood and gore!!

Why would you not expect blood in a photographic document of the menstrual cycle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Why would you not expect blood in a photographic document of the menstrual cycle?

Because for the majority of the menstrual cycle you're not bleeding, but the very first photo was of alot of blood!

And anyway it wasn't just the blood, the rest of the picture looked like a slaughtered animal: Tissues, membranes and mucous - cmon is that ever going to be attractive.

Nobody's innards - women's or mens, is going to be particularly aesthetic.

I wish I hadnt seen it as I felt sick for about an hour afterwards, but I have this terrible urge to click on all links in threads!!!

Oh gawd.

That is wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Ewww. Why would someone do that? :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 51,774 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I read through this thread before looking at the site. I was prepared to be traumatised, but I didn't consider there to be anything wrong with the pictures.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Because for the majority of the menstrual cycle you're not bleeding, but the very first photo was of alot of blood!

And anyway it wasn't just the blood, the rest of the picture looked like a slaughtered animal: Tissues, membranes and mucous - cmon is that ever going to be attractive.

Nobody's innards - women's or mens, is going to be particularly aesthetic.

I wish I hadnt seen it as I felt sick for about an hour afterwards, but I have this terrible urge to click on all links in threads!!!

Ha you really are disturbed about it, i just see it in a perfectly normal physiological sense, you will have to excuse my lack of sensitivity to it as i see images/samples on par to it daily in my area of study :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

jayteecork wrote: »

If a man started a site called "my beautiful rectum" using shots taken using a camera wedged up his arse during the different phases of his digestive cycle he'd quite rightly be labeled a pervert.

Why then when a woman does it it's "beautiful?"

Maybe it's because my definition of beautiful involves a country walk on a clear spring day.

Your rectum is used to expel your waste from your body. Full stop.

The cervix is used to expel new life from a womans body. In an ideal world, there are two new parents waiting to recieve their new baby with love and acceptance. Often this is the end product of planning, wanting, and mutual love.

I think theres a fundamental difference in how we see our reproductive systems and our eliminary systems, and theres no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Interesting stuff. As part of my job I had to attend a colposcopy clinic to watch a live feed of a colposcopy being done all via a 40 inch screen.

So that put me off lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Don't really see anything wrong with the photos. Wouldn't call them beautiful as such but interesting enough. Can see why it would gross out some people as its bloody and a bit messy looking :pac:, but in fairness the photos are very clear and well taken record of whats going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

shellyboo wrote: »
    Well, with the whole Jade Goody thing, which you've actually referred to... how exactly is it weird? Anything which makes women aware of their cervix is a good thing, yes?
    Why?

It's just a random body part.

Anyway, people saying it's disgusting etc., believe it or not, are not doing it out of misogyny, it's because it's bloody, fleshy and mucus-y.....

The cervix is used to expel new life from a womans body. In an ideal world, there are two new parents waiting to recieve their new baby with love and acceptance. Often this is the end product of planning, wanting, and mutual love.

I think theres a fundamental difference in how we see our reproductive systems and our eliminary systems, and theres no comparison.
    That's crap. Menstrual blood is a waste product as much as urine or feces are.

Anyways, interesting site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

JC 2K3 wrote: »

That's crap. Menstrual blood is a waste product as much as urine or feces are.

Anyways, interesting site.

The difference is that the rectum only expels waste (and yes, that is crap).

The cervix expels menses, but is also a sexual/reproductive organ with other roles to play. The two are hardly comparable.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I know a few people, both male and female, that might say that the rectum is not merely a one way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

very interesting site and as said gives major insight into something that, until now, has jsut been words. Great link!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

To the people complaining about it, you must remember, it clearly said in the OP what was in the Picture. Yes it is not exactly attractive, but ladies, that is in ye too, although like ye're boobies and all the rest of ye, it might look a little different from person to person. I have seen darker coloured one's. (Only slightly darker though)

You either have one(female), or you want to use one(straight sexually active (or wanting to be sexually active) male), so you can't complain about seeing it really!!!

It's not pretty, but it is a beautiful thing that something so *can't think of fitting word* can produce so much.

Also, extremely interesting.(to me anyway!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I admit I felt sick when I looked at the first picture or two, but I'm still really glad I did. Its important for all women to know that what they go through during their menstrual cycle is normal, how can you know unless someone talks about it(or shows pictures heh)? I think this site is a step in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What woman doesn't understand that menstruation is normal? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I meant all the itty gritty details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The pictures are really interesting, I always love seeing what we look like inside instead of relying purely on diagrams. But empowering? beautiful even? No. It is no more beautiful than the muscles of the leg or the medulla oblangata, it is just a fleshy part of our body and in my opinion is certainly not beautiful! The pictures are cool though, coming from a purely scientific perspective and not a "I'm a woman and my body is a temple" perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Interesting to see the visual changes and also read about temperature variations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I had Mirena for the past three years and so I've only started cycling again recently.

It's been really interesting because so many things happen that I'd forgotten about, or maybe just didn't care enough to notice before. My OH in particular notices when my temperature goes up (although sometimes he won't let me snuggle too long because he says it's like being hugged by a furnace :( )

I've also noticed a real pattern in my sexual interest. One or two days before my period starts, I'd jump the poor man in the freakin' supermarket. We won't even go into the days around ovulation. At this stage I think Mr. Xiney's going to start keeping his own calendar just so he knows when to keep his running shoes on :D

I thought I'd hate getting my period back, I really wasn't looking forward to it, but I've grown to love my cycle since its absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

MaxFlower wrote: »
    I love my penis, I take it with me everywhere I go!
    In fact, I feel a little sad if I haven't seen it for a while.

I'm the same, except I'm a girl so I don't have one :( Not your actual penis... just...

I'll get my coat. :D:pac::p
    No genitalia is attractive, that's why it's called 'bumping uglies'. Penises definitely aren't attractive!

We differ in opinions then so. I have been lucky enough to see a few really beautiful ones in my time. And I think lady parts are pretty too. I think it would be... sad? disrespectful? if me and my partner didn't think our respective parts LOOK nice... I'd say it's a fairly basic part of a decent sex life. I can't imagine not liking penises, basically.

And I think that the people saying that a cervix - a part of the female genitalia - is disgusting or repulsive, is pretty offensive. I would never tell a guy that his penis is disgusting or repulsive, even if I thought so. It's ignorant, rude, and narrow-minded.

Be squeamish by all means, there's no need to be rude though. I'm quite squeamish about piercings but I wouldn't walk up to someone and go "OMG, your lobe piercings are repulsive, I'm scarred for life after looking at them".

It's a bit immature to say the least. And it was clearly labelled what it was... if you're squeamish, don't look. And if you're squeamish and DO look, don't be crying about how graphic and disgusting it was... you were warned in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

***Tripe***

That's an incredibly unfair comparision to make, you can't compare pictures of natural cyclic variation in the human female body to images of someone being murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ah well

threads like this one really do separate the boys from the men :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

***Tripe***

:confused: Ah now, I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to any kind of biology, and I didn't particularly like looking at the pics, but the OP couldn't have made it any more clear what was in the photos! There's nothing "sick" or "rotten" about them ... believe it or not, approximately 50% of the population have cervixes ... (cervices...? Cervi? who knows!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

pcworldsucks permanently banned for antagonistic posting in this forum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement