Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Beautiful Cervix

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

On a different note: I was pleasantly suprised to se it looks exactly like how I would have expected it to look! (I hate being disappointed by reality not living up to my preconceptions -_-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm not a woman obviously, but a certain degree of subjectivity can surely be allowed re: empowerment and pride in your body. For some people, it can be just a spiritual thing, and an aversion to what are basically explicitly graphic biological pictures is not necessarily a denial of empowerment or lack of pride in your body.

I like my cock just fine, but at the same time, I get by just fine without daily endoscopic pictures of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Wow, methinks people doth protest too much in this thread.

It's nature ffs. No biggie.:rolleyes:

Great photos I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hmm fairly interesting . Fair play to her for doing it. A lot of the comments on the site are fairly good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That's certainly a cervix alright.

If she keeps this up it could be quite interesting from a scientific point of view. Over the span of years for example.

Kind of like this... but with something other than a face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stovelid wrote: »
    I like my cock just fine
    That's the best partial sentence ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Rhyme wrote: »

That's actually really cool!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Rhyme wrote: »
    That's certainly a cervix alright.

If she keeps this up it could be quite interesting from a scientific point of view. Over the span of years for example.

was thinking the same meself. But according to the site she is finding it hard to keep it hosted. It would be very informative but as usual you will have people taking the piss and generally ruining what that lady is trying to do.
    The noah vid is good. Seen it before still cool though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thought the site was pretty interesting, was a little shocked at the start, obviously vaginas bleed but I still seems wrong to see that much blood coming from someones genitals. I really like the level of intimacy involved in these pictures though, can't think of anything else comparable. The pictures before and after sex are especially impressive imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote: »
    That's the best partial sentence ever!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I would be in the 'fascinating, but not 'beautiful' camp.

As for why it's empowering - knowledge is power. Intimate knowledge can be difficult to get - because few if any of us have a close female friend with whom we'd swap positions with the speculum out so we can see if they're the same as us. Most of us have had boys who are more familiar with our ladybits than another girl - and in the past, many women have had genital and breast ailments, problems and potentially fatal diseases initially idenitifed by their male partners because they themselves have no idea what's normal, other than their own experience.

If you want to know why that website is useful, or empowering, find the comment about yeast infections. One contributor thanked the website hostess for showing, in detail, the kinds of vaginal discharge throughout a monthly cycle, because the contributor herself used to think she had a yeast infection depending on what her discharge was like, because she had no idea what was normal.

Finally, to Thaed: "Shame cave". Jesus, I lolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Holy cow, they're really taking this Rule 34 thing seriously :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

wheres that 'what has been seen, cannot be unseen' lolcat when you need him?

i havent dared look at the site, but it reminds me of that time i watched a male to female sex change operation (on Discovery, i think), just because curiosity got the better of me,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I would be in the 'fascinating, but not 'beautiful' camp.

As for why it's empowering - knowledge is power. Intimate knowledge can be difficult to get - because few if any of us have a close female friend with whom we'd swap positions with the speculum out so we can see if they're the same as us. Most of us have had boys who are more familiar with our ladybits than another girl - and in the past, many women have had genital and breast ailments, problems and potentially fatal diseases initially idenitifed by their male partners because they themselves have no idea what's normal, other than their own experience.

If you want to know why that website is useful, or empowering, find the comment about yeast infections. One contributor thanked the website hostess for showing, in detail, the kinds of vaginal discharge throughout a monthly cycle, because the contributor herself used to think she had a yeast infection depending on what her discharge was like, because she had no idea what was normal.

Finally, to Thaed: "Shame cave". Jesus, I lolled.

+1

It's empowering because a shocking amount of women don't know a lot about their own reproductive system (and don't want to know). I remember having to explain to a friend, who I would consider to be fairly sexually aware, that pee isn't actually excreted from the vagina. She genuinely had no idea that there was a seperate exit for that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Most of us have had boys who are more familiar with our ladybits than another girl - and in the past, many women have had genital and breast ailments, problems and potentially fatal diseases initially idenitifed by their male partners because they themselves have no idea what's normal, other than their own experience.
    Very true and vice versa too, though as our stuff is external we're more aware of it and of course it's much less complex as far as daily changes.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Xiney wrote: »
    ah well

threads like this one really do separate the boys from the men :rolleyes:

What about all the female posters who aren't down the idea of cervical photography?

For **** sake, people are allowed to express distaste for an idea if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Dragan wrote: »
    What about all the female posters who aren't down the idea of cervical photography?

For **** sake, people are allowed to express distaste for an idea if they want to.

The post I was refering to was removed due to being "tripe"

keep your panties on, mister :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

This thread shows the difference between form and function for me.

The cervix might be 'beautiful' in its functional capacity, but pretty, it isn't!

It also confirms to me exactly how much I hate the word 'mucous'.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Goodness had no idea that's what my cervix looked like! Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is anyone else kinda curious about how their own cervix looks? I'd never photograph it becase I don't have a speculum and don't want to get blood/vag juice all over my camera, but it'd be interesting to se how I look.

I kinda also want to see how to rest of my insides look, but unfortunately it's a bit hard to disscet yourself :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Piste wrote: »
    Is anyone else kinda curious about how their own cervix looks?

Not at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

while it was a learning experience, i have to admit i found parts of it icky,like her menstrual blood:(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Xiney wrote: »
    that's a really cool idea

I really had no idea what a cervix looked like before (all I've seen are diagrams) and to see it throughout the entire cycle is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the link!

I agree, it was really interesting to see the changes. I could probably have done without seeing the menstrual shots though, purely because I'm extremely squeamish and the sight of blood generally causes me to faint. Showed the link to my OH and he thought it was pretty cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

It also confirms to me exactly how much I hate the word 'mucous'.:(

Sorry about that :o I was just being naughty. I find the word quite icky myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

just had a quick look- very interesting! no idea that's what it looked like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmm, I feel really empowered now... thanks.
    Is she by any chance selling these as motivational posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Ewww. Why would someone do that? :eek:

To discover what the inside of their cervix looks like (which perhaps they interested in, because y'know, that's where they came from and also they might be interested in what exactly happens when their body prepares to have a baby.) They might also like to give other women the opportunity to see what the inside of their body looks like (an opportunity which most women won't have.) Sure, it's not for everyone, but I found it very interesting.
    jayteecork wrote: »

If a man started a site called "my beautiful rectum" using shots taken using a camera wedged up his arse during the different phases of his digestive cycle he'd quite rightly be labeled a pervert.

Why then when a woman does it it's "beautiful?"

What has the person's gender got to do with anything? If a person were somehow to take a picture of his/her rectum's digestive processes and posted the images publicly, then I don't think there would be a problem with that either. There is nothing 'perverted' about finding out about how your body works.

I can understand why people are squeamish about this sort of stuff, but meh. If you don't want to look, don't click the link. Simple, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

that was disgusting! eugh..i know i shouldnt say that.. i mean i have one but eugh!

Advertisement