Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mounted hose reels

Options
  • 06-03-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a wall mounted hose reel from Woodie's or Homebase. They are expensive enough at approx €100. I don't want to spend that sort of money on something that will fall apart in the first year.

Can anyone recommend a reel they are happy with?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

Hi, a handy thing to do like i did is to get an old car wheel. And give it a wire brush and a coat of black gloss paint and it looks grand, cost about 15 euro most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Do you have to paint it black? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

Well black looks good, but dont paint it purple or pink that would not go with the garden.What ever paint you have in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

anything hozelock will do it
    dont buy the imatations

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

I bought the hozelock one, your right its not cheap, but its a pleasure to use, after one year it did develop a blockage in the pipe, not sure how, but I called Hozelock and asked if I could buy a new hose and do a swap myself, they told me its not owner/user safe to swap out the hose, they asked me to reverse the hose connectors and run water through in reverse to see if that unblocked it, no joy, so they offered me a replacement free of charge. I can say now, with hindsight, for 100 Euro the Hozelock is a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

catchup wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a wall mounted hose reel from Woodie's or Homebase. They are expensive enough at approx €100. I don't want to spend that sort of money on something that will fall apart in the first year.

Can anyone recommend a reel they are happy with?

Thanks

Bought a B&Q brand one yesterday for €30. Fitting it today - looks fine!

Advertisement