Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this weekend-7th-8th march

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pangea wrote: »
    Oh ok ,Im not high up ,Im 35 metres above sea level.

BTW It doesnt look like any forecasts are prediciting much snow tonight?
    It seems to be just a "covering" thats forecasted.

depends where the showers hit i suppose...no widespread covering i'd say but like earlier in the week some areas will be hit more than others. not that i am any expert but will just have to see what the radar is picking up later. think further up the west and north you are the better judging by the forecasts so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

think further up the west and north you are the better judging by the forecasts so far.

Great Im in the North West :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Great Im in the North West :D

would that be donegal of the north west? i'm closer the south west think tomorrow is the better chance down here.

Yes correct ,South west I heard got snow on tuesday for a change, glad to hear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Oh ok ,Im not high up ,Im 35 metres above sea level.

BTW It doesnt look like any forecasts are prediciting much snow tonight?
    It seems to be just a "covering" thats forecasted.

yes i ment altitude.god your not high at all,im 75m above sea.thats not high either but just goes to show when the elements are just right anything can happen.your in a good spot with this,should see something.might not be all that much but we'll see.cool user name by the way.pangea the super continent:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Temperatures beginning their tumble in the west. Belmullet dropped from 11 to 7C in the past hour.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

darkman2 wrote: »
    Temperatures beginning their tumble in the west. Belmullet dropped from 11 to 7C in the past hour.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Interestingly enough temperature has risen in Galway from 9.2C to 10C over the same period. Getting quite blustery with heavy rain now. Hopefully this will turn to snow later though:D

Anyone see the rte news weather forecast this eveing , I missed it.
    redsunset wrote: »
    yes i ment altitude.god your not high at all,im 75m above sea.thats not high either but just goes to show when the elements are just right anything can happen.your in a good spot with this,should see something.might not be all that much but we'll see.cool user name by the way.pangea the super continent
    Thanks mate. Yeah well Im not too far from mountains so maybe that does me some favours?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

its become extremely blustery here now and chilly, compared to an hour ago, no showers yet! (MAYO west coast)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Anyone see the rte news weather forecast this eveing , I missed it.

Thanks mate. Yeah well Im not too far from mountains so maybe that does me some favours?

Drizzle for the NW , thundery wintry showers elsewhere :rolleyes:...........

joking of course .......donegal will see some wintryness later tonight and for the following 36 hrs or so ;) , crusline at 1170 ft asl the highest point of the stacks mountains is practically in my back yard , i can be up there in 15 mins , with the dog , and a camera when it snows :) .

If those mountains you mentioned are close by charge up the camera and head up there tomorrow , people are sick of seeing my piccies of my mountains :mad: , so lets see some donegal scenery for a change :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Your name gave me the impression you where in Kerry till now. You mentioned the blue stacks and it got me thinking, they dont stretch to Dun ná gall, I used to know all the mountain ranges but obiviously forgotten most of them. Still would like the freedom of the mountains in my backyard, instead Ive got the dreaded Dublin mountains. :pac: Bring on the weather, let us feel its might. :D

Hal1 wrote: »
    Your name gave me the impression you where in Kerry till now. You mentioned the blue stacks and it got me thinking, they dont stretch to Dun ná gall, I used to know all the mountain ranges but obiviously forgotten most of them. Still would like the freedom of the mountains in my backyard, instead Ive got the dreaded Dublin mountains. :pac: Bring on the weather, let us feel its might. :D

Nope ......not the blue stacks :D .......the stacks mountains in kerry .

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Drizzle for the NW , thundery wintry showers elsewhere :rolleyes:...........

joking of course .......donegal will see some wintryness later tonight and for the following 36 hrs or so ;) , crusline at 1170 ft asl the highest point of the stacks mountains is practically in my back yard , i can be up there in 15 mins , with the dog , and a camera when it snows :) .

If those mountains you mentioned are close by charge up the camera and head up there tomorrow , people are sick of seeing my piccies of my mountains :mad: , so lets see some donegal scenery for a change :p.
    lol i read ur line about the rain and then was like flip! lol
    Yes wonderful idea ,I actually never went up into the mountains ,Il see if i can get someone to go up there with me :)

Colder air arriving here now , temp has dropped to 6c quite quickly , imo connaught agus uladh will have most of these showers .

i200903071930.jpg

1170 ft

Is the altuide in the osi online map in feet or in metres?

Is the altuide in the osi online map in feet or in metres?

357 metres or thereabouts , fraid we still talk in ft and ins around here :rolleyes:
    even took the euro a long time to catch on in these parts :eek: ,

ok but is the measure in osi map in feet or metres? lol

It must be in foot ,well my mountains around me are around 500 foot. Not as big as urs kerry1960!

ok but is the measure in osi map in feet or metres? lol

have you a link to that map , be it in feet or metres even a small height asl makes a big difference in these conditions .

just had hail shower .

have you a link to that map , be it in feet or metres even a small height asl makes a big difference in these conditions .

just had hail shower .

Yeah http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx?id=&utype=&ecom=S1&user=
    Whats asl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Above Sea Level.... 99% sure anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

really raw here now. there was a brief period of very heavy rain and very gusty winds over two hours ago. the temperature dropped significantly in the clearance. current temperature is now 2.3c

Ah yes , a contour map, had forgotton about that one , thanks p ,another one here , seems accurate enough regarding elevation .
    http://www.earthtools.org/

Back on topic , light rain/hail showers here , wind W gusting to 30 mph , temp 4.4c , dp 1c dropping very sharply, its becoming a rough night .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Raining here lightly
    Seems normal, then again this morning I was snapping pics in Tiananmen Square so was a bit divorced from reality here :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

According to my car it was 3.5C on the way home.

Supercell wrote: »
    Raining here lightly
    Seems normal, then again this morning I was snapping pics in Tiananmen Square so was a bit divorced from reality here :)

Welcome back ,hope diplomatic relations between ireland and china are still in good order after your visit :D. how was the weather there .

The W/NW in the firing line over the next few hours .

3hrrain.gifhttp://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

just had a very heavyhail/wet snow shower here, very squally, more showers looming, as i can see thanks to the monlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

just had a very heavyhail/wet snow shower here, very squally, more showers looming, as i can see thanks to the monlight!

croagh patrick will be white tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Anyone think it will be snowing tomorrow, I've to drive from Mayo to Wicklow tomorrow.. wondering what the conditions will be like.

Advertisement