Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this weekend-7th-8th march

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Anyone think it will be snowing tomorrow, I've to drive from Mayo to Wicklow tomorrow.. wondering what the conditions will be like.

Unless the road takes you over 1000 ft at some stage imo you should be ok , any lying hail/snow on low ground wont last too long after sunrise, + road temps are still quite high , then again those wicklow lads are a greedy lot :pac:, wouldn't surprise me if they were still hoarding some since the last time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

heavy snow here now:D:D

:mad::mad:

sorry to hear that :mad::mad: should i send a food package:mad::mad:meh ........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

yeah radar looks good for you and if memory serves me correctly,your in the fastest town in ireland

redsunset wrote: »
    yeah radar looks good for you and if memory serves me correctly,your in the fastest town in ireland

Huh , where's it headin for :rolleyes:, no room in kerry :D, and we dont share our gaelic footballers :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Good to see the first report of snow. Hopefully the showers get well inland.

Put a weather pointer to my head and i would call this as a connacht/ ulster event , an odd light shower in west munster and dry for the rest .
    so there......:cool:

89781855.jpg

kerry1960 wrote: »
    :mad::mad:

sorry to hear that :mad::mad: should i send a food package:mad::mad:meh ........;)

haha. ah i'll try to push some down your way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Nacho is it lying?
    Its very stormy and wet here, no way snow will lie tonight here thats for sure! Hailstones a while ago.

haha. ah i'll try to push some down your way:)

Retreats gracefully to corner and sharpens claws to resume meteorological fight another day :D ........ apart from that ye'll have trouble holding on to yer own ..erm..bounty.. by 9 am , so there ...can here it melting from here :cool: hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy snow here atm :D:D:D

Pangea wrote: »
    Nacho is it lying?
    Its very stormy and wet here, no way snow will lie tonight here thats for sure! Hailstones a while ago.

nah it's not. it's currently clear now, but the temperature is above freezing and with the wet ground i'm not confident of seeing snow cover here either.

Fionagus wrote: »
    Heavy snow here atm :D:D:D

congrats Fionagus:)

congrats Fionagus:)

Temperature is 3.4C so it's not going to stick here either - still nice to watch it falling though:D

Fionagus wrote: »
    Temperature is 3.4C so it's not going to stick here either - still nice to watch it falling though:D

sure is:)

there is rain and sleet here now:(

Based on the 1am reports looking like the show is over .

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

well, there might be wet snow during the night but there is no way i'm going to have a covering by morning. i doubt anywere outside of high ground will have lying snow. ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

personally i wasn't expecting much snow at this hour anywhere,its morning when its better.cold more established over us

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heavy sleet here at the moment. 2.4c DP 0.3c

Changed to wet snow - big flakes. 2.3c now. Dublin/Wicklow Mountains will be getting another pasting from this shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Dark skies and whte precipitation.. More sleet than snow just now. There has been thunder earlier also.

Strong winds also roaring now.

Hibernation time:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light sleet and snow now. :) Wasn't really expecting this. Not sticking but nice to see. Caught glimpse of white Dublin Mountains between showers.

There was a spectacular hail shower here at 04.15AM - set off all of the car & house alarms and followed by heavy snow showers.
    Its all melted now apart from in a few sheltered corners in the gardern. Current temp 3.2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy snow here. +2.5c. Not sticking yet. Mountains will be covered after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Light covering of snow here this morning...very ominous looking sky on the horizon right now moving in a westerly direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Yeah just a covering of hail here! Very bad night , Im afraid the sneachta stayed away.
    Doesnt like there will be any tonight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

snowing heavy in tipp town right now

very heavy snow here now. unforunately none of it is sticking, though.

I woud have awoke to a nice covering if it had snowed like this last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Moderate snow here, not sticking thankfully.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Light hail here & temperature is 3.5C. We seem to be on the edge of the main band of showers atm.

Advertisement