Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this weekend-7th-8th march

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Thunder hail/snow here! temp falling readiply. now 3,4C

EDIT: 2.8C sticking on cars and grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Light wet snow starting to fall.

Down to 2.1C/-0.3C now and still snowing

Fell to 1.9C in the end and looks to be brightening up now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Man, that was an awful night. The bedroom is on the weather side and every half hour or so the wind would howl, rain/hail/sleet/snow would pelt the window and wake me up (again).

Nothing to show for it though but a few white mountain tops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Same here; it seemed to strike suddenly. Loud gales

Just been out to bring the dog in; battered by hail.
    peasant wrote: »
    Man, that was an awful night. The bedroom is on the weather side and every half hour or so the wind would howl, rain/hail/sleet/snow would pelt the window and wake me up (again).

Nothing to show for it though but a few white mountain tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Can one of the experts give an update on what to expect for the rest of the day?
    Supposed to be doing some surveying later but don't fancy standing on a hill holding a ranging rod if there's more thunder on the way;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fionagus wrote: »
    Can one of the experts give an update on what to expect for the rest of the day?
    Supposed to be doing some surveying later but don't fancy standing on a hill holding a ranging rod if there's more thunder on the way;)

there will be heavy showers from time to time with everything thrown in. i wouldn't risk surveying on an exposed hill because you can't rule out the odd bit of thunder either. tonight the showers will die off in a lot of places. which is unfortunate because otherwise some of us could get a covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

A few wintry showers this morning , snowcover above 1500ft .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

there will be heavy showers from time to time with everything thrown in. i wouldn't risk surveying on an exposed hill because you can't rule out the odd bit of thunder either. tonight the showers will die off in a lot of places. which is unfortunate because otherwise some of us could get a covering.

I was looking for any excuse to get out of it ;) You're right about everything being thrown into the weather mix atm. In the last 10mins we've has blue skies & sunshine followed by rain, hail and about 30 secs of big white fluffy snowflakes to finish:D

• Advertisement

kerry1960 wrote: »
    A few wintry showers this morning , snowcover above 1500ft .

have you got some pictures for us? it's always enjoyable to see pictures of your dog enjoying the snow:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snow falling now in Newbridge,

Started off with a huge hail storm then some sleet and some snow which is getting a little bit heavy now

Temp 4.7 dp 1.4 @ 12pm

Temp 1.3 dp -0.6 now @12.30 pm

snow now stopped

have you got some pictures for us? it's always enjoyable to see pictures of your dog enjoying the snow:)

That snow line now closer to 2000 ft , some good football matches around the country , so im putting the feet up for the day , i'll wait till its closer to home :D .

EDIT : big shower atm hail/snow mix , settling .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hehe ,the dog talked me into 'walkies' :rolleyes: , no need for a snowplough just yet , a quick shower followed by an even quicker thaw :D .

@1000ft @1.30 pm
    img0712.jpg

@650ft
    img0698.jpg

img0710.jpg

Not really worth the effort was it .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

On the N11 south of Bray. heavy snow falling. Sun splitting the stones now

heavy snow here at the moment and for the last 30 mins or so.Theres a light covering.
    Very dark.

1.7/-0.6c

pelting down still.

1.1c/-0.6c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

that galway precip seems to be in my firing line bit later

latest_radar.gif

Hehe ,the dog talked me into 'walkies' :rolleyes: , no need for a snowplough just yet , a quick shower followed by an even quicker thaw :D .

@1000ft @1.30 pm
    img0712.jpg

@650ft
    img0698.jpg

img0710.jpg

Not really worth the effort was it .

it was for the dog. just look at his/her smiling face;)

• Advertisement

it was for the dog. just look at his/her smiling face;)

Must be something in his genetic make up , perhaps the fact that the spitz is decended from huskies , but the dog goes ape if it snows :pac: , a genuine snow lover :P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Big shower headed for Dub

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Rain, Hail, Sleet or Snow? Say it will be rain at this stage.

Had a sleety, snowy type shower and hour or two ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain here now, bits of sleet mixed in with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

darkman2 wrote: »
    Big shower headed for Dub

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Rain, Hail, Sleet or Snow? Say it will be rain at this stage.

Had a sleety, snowy type shower and hour or two ago.

it was rain. tis bitter cold here though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Must be something in his genetic make up , perhaps the fact that the spitz is decended from huskies , but the dog goes ape if it snows :pac: , a genuine snow lover :P.

Gorgeous dog by the way !

Advertisement