Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor Cailbration

• 06-03-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

So i decided to print of some pics I had taken - random shots that I considered OK by my low (beginners) standard. I had done some PP on them.
    Got them printed at a local electrical store - ya know, pop in the SD card and pick the ones and get them printed - so by no means pro printing....
    Anyways, they all came out alot darker than they looked on my PC screen.

I google'd calibration and found a few sites with the (dont know the official name) black and white strips, starting at black one side fading gradually to white the other and the screen seems OK, can see gradual fading for every square.

So my questions are really...
    Is it the place I got to do the printing - their set up is wrong?
    Or is it my screen??

I hear alot of people in the C&C posts saying that something might say look blue, but then follow up saying it could be my calibration of my screen or laptop etc,...... does anyone know of any free software to get my screen into the ball park correct calibration (my pics arent pro printing material - and wont be anytime soon but would like them to look as they do on the PC screen when i print them!)

Thanks for taking the time to read the long explaination and for any suggestions!!
    Curran

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

A quick, but very unscientific, fix if you don't want to invest in a monitor calibrator is to open up your monitors RGB and Contrast menus and adjust them slightly until you get something on screen resembling what your print looks like. This way when you print them again in the same shop they should be much closer to what you see on your monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Yeah i was thinking of doing something like that.
    I suppose the best thing to do first is to get them printed again in another place to see if i get the same results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hey Curran,
    I highly doubt it's the printers problem. 99% of the time it's the person who's getting the prints done that hasn't calibrated their monitor correctly. You could tryimages. Ballyman is on the right track. You could go and get a Spyder 2 Elite but I doubt you want to fork out a few hundred euro just yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Eh no - not planning forking out hundreds - mainly cos im broke :o
    Was just kinda looking for a cheap, quick fix.... was a bit disappointed when i got the photos cos some of them were alright - especially some of her nephew.
    Knew that they wouldnt match exactly, but thought they'd be fairly close - the B&W ones were the worst affected, obviously! Could hardly see any details in them!
    Anyways, back to the basics - as Ballyman says, try match the screen to the pics!! Its free so will do for now :D

Advertisement