Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text from Clearwire about excessive usage

Options
  • 06-03-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭

Just got one of these right now. Couple of strange things about it:

1: I hammer my connection quite a lot and always have done
    2: I'm 23 months in to a 24 month contract, which is the worst time you can piss someone off
    3: I'm out of the country.

I think I know what might have caused it, their utterly unreliable connection meant I had to use about 8GB to download a 3.4GB file due to restarts, etc; but that was also about four days ago.... as I said, I'm not even in Ireland at the moment let alone downloading anything else There's nobody else using the connection; or capable of using it unless they've gone to the hassle of getting through my WPA2 key and spoofing one of my MAC addresses.

Anyone else get anything like this before? Any idea if they throttle or similar after sending a warning like that?

They're going out the door at the end of the month anyway though :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MYOB wrote: »
    I had to use about 8GB to download a 3.4GB file due to restarts, etc
    OT, but look into flashget to that is a good download manager that wil automatically start downloading at the point where you left off, if you stop it, or your connection dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can't get on that funky WiMax trial at Maynooth NUI?

I didn't realise you still on Clearwire. Don't you need to give a months notice or they auto-renew the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I didn't think auto-renewing contracts was legal in Ireland... either way I put written notice to quit in the post along with a rant about their useless customer service and connections last week.

syco - file was being downloaded from an unresumable server; it was a Garmin update that needed to be signed in to get it... I also don't use Windows ;)

Advertisement