Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia pc suite connection problem

• 06-03-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi i am trying to connect my 5800 to the nokia pc suite and it is not detecting. Am new to nokia devices so havnt used their suite before.

The computer detects it no problem. But when i go into Ovi or pc suite it wont pick the device up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Have you run the connection wizard in pc suite??? How are you connecting, usb or bluetooth???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jimmyjimster

I have had problems with it too, it won't let me install the music software, all the mobile phones i have had before have bieng no trouble but this one is causing me quite a bit, its annoying because i love the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Connecting via usb. Whereabouts is the conection wizard in pc suite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Connecting via usb. Whereabouts is the conection wizard in pc suite?

Click the 'settings' tab. You can mange connections and add phones their. Make the keypad is unlocked, and that the connection is set to pc suite on the phone.

davton wrote: »
    Click the 'settings' tab. You can mange connections and add phones their. Make the keypad is unlocked, and that the connection is set to pc suite on the phone.

Tried that still no joy, when i go to any of the apps there it wont detect the phone, it will be there but 'grayed out'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you tried a different usb port?

I think that may be the problem as it says to put it into com1. Whats the command to get into the device driver? thats the best way to check the com ports is it?

Advertisement