Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI savings account

Options
  • 06-03-2009 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im hjkust looking for some quick info on putting money into savings account in BOI. The answers to my question are probably very obvious but Im pretty ignorant with regards banking esp at these times tbh.
    So I have a healthy enough sum of money lying around in my BOI acc making little to no interest. They've recommended putting away a portion of it for say 1-2 years and earning circa 4% interest on this. Im just wondering if I did this is it 100% safe (more so BOI?) and are people using these savings accounts?
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Anyone?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

This might be why you haven't had any responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The great thing about the net is that you have the tools to research things.

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/ gives lots of information of the best interest rates out there for your money. It also discusses the guarantees in place for the various banks.

Advertisement