Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near the train station

Options
  • 06-03-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Is there a car park for the train station or anywhere cheap to park around it?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The best one is in what used to be Habitat. Multi-story, loads of spaces, reasonable design. I think the rates may be below on-street parking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

But is there no where to accommodate people who need to part to get the train, ie. 4 euro for the day with your ticket or anything to that affect?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I just looked at the website. No, there's no car park. Not only that but the last trains get in later than the last buses (on a Sunday anyway).

<rant>This country is un-****ing-believable.

It never ceases to amaze me how ****e our public transport system is. I got in on the train last Sunday evening, there were no more buses to take me to knocknacarra so I had to take a taxi, robbing prick charged 13 euro. Sunday prices he told me. Recession will sort out that sort of shananagans. But what's the story with the last bus being post-mass? I know we're living in a 1980s bible belt but that's a joke.

</rant>

Advertisement