Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacket taken from The Living Room

Options
  • 06-03-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I was out 2 weeks ago in The Living Room. It was Saturday 21st February. My jacket was taken by some guy at the end of the night.

Security have gone over the tapes at it was at 2.17am that it was taken. The thing is they said the guy looked quite drunk and by his body language he wasn't sure if the jacket was his. It was upstairs. As you get to the top of the stairs turn left to the upper elevated section.

Its a very skiing distinctive jacket - green, grey and white. Also one sleeve is green and the other is white so it would be quite obvious if it was seen. The make is Helly Hanson.

In the off chance the guy reads this I was going to ask him to return it to the Living Room and just say he took it by mistake (or just drop it in and leave - don't really mind if its done anonymously). I honestly am not interested in getting onto Gardai to look at tape if I can get it back. Taking the wrong jacket when drunk is just one of these things that happens. Also if you know the person that took the jacket I would appreciate if he could be told just to drop it back.

Maybe this is a long shot but worth a shot I think.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

longest shot since Alonso lobbing Harper from half way

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭4arc

lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I hope you get your jacket back but it's probably quite unlikely at this stage. I suppose the lesson to learn is try to to leave your jacket unattended. Bring it with you if you go outside for a smoke and ensure that at least one of your gang is near it at all times.

I would also recommend not wearing an expensive jacket when going out so that if it does get taken it won't be too much of a worry. I dress like a scruff most of the time so it's easy for me :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

its only a jacket get over it, dont bring anything out that you cant afford to loose!!
    I recently had a jacket swipped from Cuda, I asked the bouncers what they would do about it and they said tought ****, come back tomorrow and see if it s returned,
    The guards too would laugh & tell ya to F off if you went in to mill st with a video of some drunk taking your jacket !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Notch000 wrote: »
    its only a jacket get over it, dont bring anything out that you cant afford to loose!!
    I recently had a jacket swipped from Cuda, I asked the bouncers what they would do about it and they said tought ****, come back tomorrow and see if it s returned,
    The guards too would laugh & tell ya to F off if you went in to mill st with a video of some drunk taking your jacket !!!!

Wheres Cuda then? Sounds like a nasty place, probably won't be frequenting there ant time soon;)

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wheres Cuda then? Sounds like a nasty place, probably won't be frequenting there ant time soon;)
    What's ant time? Is it like wasp or bee time? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

malice_ wrote: »
    I hope you get your jacket back but it's probably quite unlikely at this stage. I suppose the lesson to learn is try to to leave your jacket unattended. Bring it with you if you go outside for a smoke and ensure that at least one of your gang is near it at all times.

I would also recommend not wearing an expensive jacket when going out so that if it does get taken it won't be too much of a worry.

Ma, is that you??

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

masonman wrote: »
    Ma, is that you??

;)

It's bleedin' freezing... at least take a scarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

malice_ wrote: »
    What's ant time? Is it like wasp or bee time? ;)

lol. :)

masonman wrote: »
    Ma, is that you??

;)
    Yes Mason, it is. Now get upstairs and tidy your room. It's like a pig sty in there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement