Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you promising yourself, you will visit...

• 06-03-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭

....this year. I do it every year, I promise myself I'll head to a certain place next year during the summer but I never follow through on it. I've had enough of promises and I'm going to follow through on some of them this year.

I want to visit the Skelligs, Kerry, Burren & Glenveagh this year. If I don't do it, I will sacrifice a lens. I probably won't head outside Ireland this year except for my usual trip to NYC.

Anyone else going to follow up on promises?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I've been wanting to go to Skellig since last summer. Maybe I will this summer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

oshead wrote: »
    I've been wanting to go to Skellig since last summer. Maybe I will this summer. :)

Been twice and well worth it. For once the word awesome is not an overstatement.

Don't be put off if you arrive in Portmagee and it's dull and drizzly. Both times for us it was and clear sunny days on the Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Outwith Romania in early august i doubt i will be going abroad this year so were planning on doing weekend trips all over Scotland.

Glencoe, Loch Ness, some of the islands, The Moray Firth are all on the horizon for me.

Heres hoping we actually do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have a lot of the very basic places to cover off yet, Powerscourt, the Bots, Glendalough etc....I have told myself i will get them all done in the 5-6 months between finishing work and starting college. (hopefully)

Heading to Amsterdam in three weeks time, a place i have always wanted to go, a beautiful and interesting city that will provide a lot of photographic opportuinity.

I would like to go back to Florence.....an epic place that haunts me.

Off the Beaten Path stuff in Ireland. Midland villages, County Fleadh's, Gaggles of Islands,Pattern Days, that type of thing.

Hope to go back to Syria again and Medjugore :eek:. That ones not for me per se (obviously) but could be interesting never the less. I'll observe and record and get prayed for at the same time. Best of both worlds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Might have an opportunity to go to Medjugorje myself in June/July. Also Norwich is on the hit list and with the amount of times I have been there, I have never had a chance to have a "photo holiday" there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Dragan wrote: »
    Heading to Amsterdam in three weeks time, a place i have always wanted to go, a beautiful and interesting city that will provide a lot of photographic opportuinity.

I've been going over to the Dam since I was in my 20's. Great place, you'll love it. If you get a chance, during the day, take a trip up north towards Den Helder. Get off the train at any stop along the way. There are miles and miles of Tulips and a load of other spring flowers all blooming now. As far as the eye can see. It's quite an eye full when you see them for the first time. Will make great additions to your image portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I still haven't been to Scotland, this year maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

kensutz wrote: »
    Might have an opportunity to go to Medjugorje myself in June/July. Also Norwich is on the hit list and with the amount of times I have been there, I have never had a chance to have a "photo holiday" there.

Never seen the point in that..?

Me,Err nothing much,Move to Dublin possibly if I keep my CAO the way it is,So just places in Dublin when i get up there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Looks like it's Ireland for the holidays for me this year, most probably Kerry. I saw a spread on Gleninchaquin in Outdoor Photographer during the year and will have it high on my list.

There's a possibility of a trip through rural Canada June 2010 if things work out, but that's a long way away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

My parents' place :D

Ricky91t wrote: »

There's a lot more to the place than religion.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Hopefully ....... somewhere nice !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

kensutz wrote: »
    There's a lot more to the place than religion.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't understand why you need to reply to me and then PM me,Stop pm'ing me whenever i quote you..Go find something constructive to do with your time,Rather than pm'ing me the same as your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Baltimore (for diving), but if I got to bring the camera to Fastnet I'd be most happy!

Also half tempted to go to Turin or Carcassonne. Carcassonne seems like an interesting place to go shooting, been there a couple of times but only for a quick stop off when heading for the rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Monica Belluci's erogenous zones! :cool:

Simplicius wrote: »
    Monica Belluci's erogenous zones! :cool:

Thats worth two of my thumbs up, unfortunately not possible. Rotfl :D:p:)

Ricky91t wrote: »

Me,Err nothing much,Move to Dublin possibly if I keep my CAO the way it is,So just places in Dublin when i get up there :D

Photographically, there's something everywhere Ricky. Even Dublin :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm trying to figure out Istanbul then onto Beirut (to do a wedding (unpaid)) and then finish up in Tel Aviv all over three week period in late summer. I haven't a red cent but I won't let that get in the way of a good plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Budapest, Somewhere on the west for some big waves and surf shots - probably Easkey, Powerscourt and The B Gardens (yet to go here).

I think we should list where everybody wants to go, all pitch in for a few euromillions tickets and when we win, go to a new location a day! We'd go down in history haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

I was in London last week but didn’t bring my tripod. Hope to get back later on in the year and do some night photography.

Going to Boston and New York for 2 weeks in the summer for a wedding/holiday so hope to get some in around the Zakim bridge and a few from cambridge looking over to boston at night. In New York i’d like to try and get down around Plymouth Street for pictures of the brooklyn bridge. see link for examples
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/dumbo11201/pool/

And maybe a trip to the Gaints Causeway (it’s only an hour or so away and i’ve never managed to get around to going there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Since I heard about the Bass Rock last year that was on my list and I have my flights and boat ticket booked and paid for about a month now. Going there in June.

This year I'm on the hunt for a better Puffin shot so I'll be heading down to the Saltees, the Skelligs and Irelands eye whenever I get the chance during Puffin season.

Nowhere else on the cards at the moment. I'll be cutting down on trips abroad this year to fund my ski trip next year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

10 days in Iceland with 200 rolls of film :):)

must check my euromillions numbers now........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

FinoBlad wrote: »
    10 days in Iceland with 200 rolls of film :):)

I bet not in December ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

So many places ....

After a recent thread here I am determined to visit Auschwitz.

Would also like to go to Moscow & a Greek Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I will hopefully get to a Greek Island this year. The one trip that is on is a trip to Andalusia but that will be kite related.

I don't know where I want to go really. I thought about Iceland, but I'd love to go to Norway too, and maybe back to Finland. There is also an option on La Rochelle in France.

I don't know for sure what, if any I will make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I really want to go to Iceland, but since I've lost my job it's unlikely. Iceland looks great and there's a slew of fantastic Icelandic photographers on flickr.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

When I get back to Australia I will have to invite some of you lot out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Its Discover England for me this year, Going to Newcastle in a few weeks to shot a match, Nottingham in June for 20/Twenty cricket, 10 days in August with the family, Wales, Bath, Cotswolds, Windsor and London then The Ashes!

Oh Lunch is booked in the Fat Duck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

How did you manage to get accredited for the Ashes or will you be shooting from the stands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Ballyman wrote: »
    How did you manage to get accredited for the Ashes or will you be shooting from the stands?

No accreditation, no tickets just going to chance my arm! We are planning on going to a game when it goes to a monday and the tickets go on public sale!

Oh Lunch is booked in the Fat Duck!

Where are you going on the extra fortnight you'll get from that? :D

Advertisement