Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable Broadband Providers Dublin

Options
  • 06-03-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hey all,

recently moved into new apt in Clonsilla and looking for cable broadband
    providers available. NTL say no go on the area even though i can pick up
    3 NTL connections on my laptop

Other than NTL what other cable broadband options are available in Dublin? Im in Dublin 15 and cant seem to find any..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Because there are none. Maybe UPC (NTL) have not upgraded your side of street and the WiFi is people on NTL/UPC behind you or across road.
    Casey is only Waterford.

Try DSL or Fixed Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Eimear_K

Hey

I'm looking for internet and cable providers in the Dublin 16 area. We have NTL for internet and no cable, however NTL have been charging us 6euro a month extra as a penalty for not having cable tv! So as a result, I'm a bit miffed and want to change internet and cable providers. Does anyone know if there are any options??

edonnelly - For general broadband options though this website is very useful: http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Eimear_K wrote: »
    Hey

I'm looking for internet and cable providers in the Dublin 16 area. We have NTL for internet and no cable, however NTL have been charging us 6euro a month extra as a penalty for not having cable tv! So as a result, I'm a bit miffed and want to change internet and cable providers. Does anyone know if there are any options??

edonnelly - For general broadband options though this website is very useful: http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

Unlike Eircom charging €26.50!:rolleyes:
    Same with all DSL providers.

The reason that UPC charge you €6.00 is that they can't stop the basic Analogue signal been sent along with the BB.

It's basically your line rental.
    So they charge you €6 to cover the €20 odd you don't pay.

Advertisement