Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral Sliochts

Options
  • 06-03-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi, i've a really lousy irish teacher and i've a mock oral exam tomorrow and have no clue what to do with the sliochtanna?, how many do i have to be able to read?, and does the examiner pick one at random or do i choose?

Cabhraigi liom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You choose five out of ten to learn, out of that five your examiner will pick one and ask you to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

You choose 5 to have prepared based on the dialetic you speak. The examiner will choose any one of those 5. For example Im from Munster so Im doing 1 to 5 inclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Alright cool, thanks guys, probably plump for the Western ones cos I was in the Connemara Gaeltacht :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

You can pick any 5 from the list.

Your oral examiner might ask you to read one of your choice, but usually they pick one for you.

Remember, you're allowed to have the phonetics written in for your actual oral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hi, i've a really lousy irish teacher and i've a mock oral exam tomorrow and have no clue what to do with the sliochtanna?, how many do i have to be able to read?, and does the examiner pick one at random or do i choose?

Cabhraigi liom
    The sliochtanna I'm preparing are 6,7,8,9,10 as my teacher thinks they are the easiest. Shortcuts to Success have an Irish oral book with all the sliochtanna and a cd with the audio recorded.

go n-eiri leat! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Cabhraigi liom

You go to the Institute and youve a lousy teacher?

Advertisement