Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legalities to change from 6.5x55 to 7mm08?

Options
  • 06-03-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Im about to go down the road of changing calibers from 6.5x55 to a custom 7mm08..
    Now my question is: will the transfer of licence be as easy as a stamp and a scribble on the licence from sarge at the barracks or do I have to go through the Dublin thing and wait another lifetime...

Either way Im going to do it,was just wondering if anyone has been down this road..

Thanks
    Dwighet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

dwighet wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Im about to go down the road of changing calibers from 6.5x55 to a custom 7mm08..
    Now my question is: will the transfer of licence be as easy as a stamp and a scribble on the licence from sarge at the barracks or do I have to go through the Dublin thing and wait another lifetime...

Either way Im going to do it,was just wondering if anyone has been down this road..

Thanks
    Dwighet

Since both are large deer calibres, you may well avoid the re-application process you might encounter going, say, .22lr to .220 swift. It depends on your local lot though, so best to pop in and have a word. Good luck with it, it's an interesting calibre. Reloading would certainly make your life easier to run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Since both are large deer calibres, you may well avoid the re-application process you might encounter going, say, .22lr to .220 swift. It depends on your local lot though, so best to pop in and have a word. Good luck with it, it's an interesting calibre. Reloading would certainly make your life easier to run it.

Thats what I thought.shouldnt be a proglem.fingers crossed.

Reloading!!!!! thats a no no:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    SHHH SHHHHH big brother could be watching

Thats what I thought.shouldnt be a proglem.fingers crossed.

Reloading!!!!! thats a no no:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    SHHH SHHHHH big brother could be watching

Good luck, who're you going to for the rifle, out of curiosity?

We'll see with regard to reloading, would be ridiculous not to allow it with suitable provision.

Good luck, who're you going to for the rifle, out of curiosity?

We'll see with regard to reloading, would be ridiculous not to allow it with suitable provision.

John Greene did the rifle...Nice bit of kit: lother walther
    feather weight barrel.mcmillan carbon fibre stock(hunter) rem700 action.jewelled bolt.pillar and glass bedded..all up it weighs a tad over 6 pound and this is the scope going on it https://www.theopticzone.com/default.aspx?act=pro&opt=detail&id=1245..
    It should wiegh just over 7 pound all up

Sounds very nice. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

John Greene did the rifle...Nice bit of kit: lother walther
    feather weight barrel.mcmillan carbon fibre stock(hunter) rem700 action.jewelled bolt.pillar and glass bedded..all up it weighs a tad over 6 pound and this is the scope going on it https://www.theopticzone.com/default.aspx?act=pro&opt=detail&id=1245..
    It should wiegh just over 7 pound all up

its a nice lite rifle i seen it a few weeks ago

jwshooter wrote: »
    its a nice lite rifle i seen it a few weeks ago

I saw it and had to have it..Much to my mrs`s disgust..She`ll get over it

tell them noting

tell them noting

your dead right there..think i`d learn by now..Just got back from the barracks with licence amended to 7mm08...was too easy.couldnt beleive it

your dead right there..think i`d learn by now..Just got back from the barracks with licence amended to 7mm08...was too easy.couldnt beleive it

Brilliant. Good luck with the rifle, might see it in Midlands sometime. :)

• Advertisement

Brilliant. Good luck with the rifle, might see it in Midlands sometime. :)
    im joining up there in june..good craic out there

im joining up there in june..good craic out there

I'll join at some point when I have the funds, too good a facility not to contribute to. However, until then, I'll be down as often as I can get to the VCRAI shoots.

I'll join at some point when I have the funds, too good a facility not to contribute to. However, until then, I'll be down as often as I can get to the VCRAI shoots.
    Im going at the end of the month for the 223 open shoot for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Im going at the end of the month for the 223 open shoot for the craic.

Will be shooting that myself ;)

That's a really good idea for a shoot. Tempted to turn up and have a look around myself.

Well its all mine now..picked it up today and dressed it up with a small leupy 3-9x40....Its about the same weight as my cz .22..cant wait to shoot it at the range on sunday
    0082.jpg
    0062.jpg
    0052.jpg

That's a beauty of a gun dwighet, look forward to seeing it in action if I'm down on sunday. What are the specs?

That's a beauty of a gun dwighet, look forward to seeing it in action if I'm down on sunday. What are the specs?

7mm08
    lother walther 24 inch barrel 1 in 10 twist
    mcmillan ultralight hunters edge stock(21 ounces)
    rem 700 action
    burris mounts
    pillar/glass bedded
    rem trigger(tweaked up nice)

Sounds very nice. Might well see it on sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Very nice looking rifle. I'm curious as to the jewelled bolt, how is it done and what advantages does it have?

• Advertisement

dimebag249 wrote: »
    Very nice looking rifle. I'm curious as to the jewelled bolt, how is it done and what advantages does it have?
    Im sure it has no advantage..Just looks good..Kind of like if you were to buy a bra for your Mrs.You wouldnt get her one of those plain boring white yokes.You would get her a frilly lace sexy looking one...Well I would..
    As far as how its done..I have no Idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Kind of like if you were to buy a bra for your Mrs.You wouldnt get her one of those plain boring white yokes.You would get her a frilly lace sexy looking one...Well I would..
    Must...

resist...

temptation...

...to ask why dwighet is buying underwear for dimebag's wife!!!
    :D:D:D

Carry on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

He can buy her all the underwear he likes, so long as he doesn't expect her to jewel his bolt.

:confused:

A-thank you.

dimebag249 wrote: »

i think it will hold oil a little better and it looks nice .

i think it will hold oil a little better and it looks nice .
    Exactlly.I didnt think of that

...to ask why dwighet is buying underwear for dimebag's wife!!!
    :D:D:D

Carry on...[/QUOTE]
    My wife Rovi!!!!!
    Cant afford to be buying anyone else underware.Marriage and shooting keeps me POOR!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Will be shooting that myself ;)

Bunny Shooter are you coming down to the Mid-Lands for the VCRAI Competition on Sunday.

dwighet That's a beautiful Rife, best of luck with it.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sikamick wrote: »

Bunny Shooter are you coming down to the Mid-Lands for the VCRAI Competition on Sunday.

dwighet That's a beautiful Rife, best of luck with it.

Sikamick

Ya hope to shoot in and organise fox shoot and race over to VCRAI shoot then :confused:

What are my chances?

Advertisement