Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

there must be a better way to do this

• 06-03-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Drives me mad....posts disappear down the page so fast that they get missed by a lot of members and if noone posts they are gone forever....could this forum not be subdivided into seperate categories like most forums? or has the time come for a new Classic Cars forum for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

yeah i noticed that too...can be sorted out i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭xxxevelinexxx

it sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, if you plan to set one up, I'll help in anyway I can. There are some here and there.

http://classiccar.ie/ has a good forum but it's not overly active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

corktina wrote: »
    Drives me mad....posts disappear down the page so fast that they get missed by a lot of members and if noone posts they are gone forever....could this forum not be subdivided into seperate categories like most forums? or has the time come for a new Classic Cars forum for Ireland?

....which is why there are page numbers to read........I always scan back 3 or 4 pages, and I'm online a lot.

But moving to a quieter one, with less traffic, for reasons of the above, is daft: you're actually advocating that a less active classic forum is a ++ ? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no im advocating sub-sectors so that you can view the most recent posts in the areas that interest u. Ie you could have a restoration area,a for sale area,a spotted today area, a new legisaltion area etc.... Most forums are like this , and I just scan the ones that interest me

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....which is why there are page numbers to read........I always scan back 3 or 4 pages, and I'm online a lot.

But moving to a quieter one, with less traffic, for reasons of the above, is daft: you're actually advocating that a less active classic forum is a ++ ? :confused:

I generally wouldn't read past the first page on here, or the second page on Motors itself. Don't know why that is, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just on the technical side of things:

You can't sub-section the forum any further. The classic forum is already a sub-section of motors which is a sub-section of boards.

Unless you created a group of sub fora (like the whole motors section) just for classics ...but I don't think that there is enough traffic to warrant that.
    Plus it would get boring to have to plough through four or five semi-dead sub-sections to find new posts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Make your page 1 longer using the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" option in your CP?

Also:
    http://www.classiccar.ie/forum/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Dusty1609

http://classiccar.ie/ has a good forum but it's not overly active.

That's because you're all over here instead...! :D

Dusty1609 wrote: »
    That's because you're all over here instead...! :D

Well, tis a long walk. You know yourself:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Well, tis a long walk. You know yourself:P
    And when you have to push a rusty beetle back and forth its twice as hard.....

And when you have to push a rusty beetle back and forth its twice as hard.....

Should be easier with all the holes, less weight:p:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Should be easier with all the holes, less weight:p:pac::D
    lol...you got me...:pac::p

Lads we are going to trial and error a new Irish Classics forum to see can with get things going a bit. Link to the site is in my sig, if mods have a problem with this let me know! All are welcome, classic or no classic!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well, i put my money where my mouth is...

http://z8.invisionfree.com/IRISH_CLASSICS_FORUM/index.php?act=idx

im gonna keep on posting on boards too though so don't think you've got rid of me...

well, i put my money where my mouth is...

http://z8.invisionfree.com/IRISH_CLASSICS_FORUM/index.php?act=idx

im gonna keep on posting on boards too though so don't think you've got rid of me...

I think I got there before you:P

Advertisement