Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synching google contacts with E71

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Go to Tools -> Sync -> new sync connection.

Settings I use are:

Sync profile name: Google sync

Applications: Contacts (i think that's all google support for now).
    Contacts settings: database in phone=c:, remote database=contacts (must be lower case), and type=sync both ways.

Connection settings:
    Server version=1.2
    Server ID=Google
    Data bearer=Internet
    Access Point=Always ask
    Host address=https://m.google.com/syncml
    Port=443
    User name, password= your google login
    Allow sync requests=yes
    Accept all sync requests=no
    Network authentication=no

Works for me anyway. Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 1sttimebuild

thanks that mostly worked but when i enter the password it doesn't seem to remember it. After i enter the password and exit it only shows *** even though its 7 characters and then when i try to synch it says incorrect password

never mind i was using o instead of 0 in password sorry will probably have more questions as i go along setting up. Thanks for the help

lol one more question does google cal sync as well ?

lol one more question does google cal sync as well ?
    Not on symbian phones yet, but as you can see here, blackberries and WinMo can do it so I reckon it's on the way. Should become even more useful once they add the calendar functionality.

• Advertisement

The GPS doesn't pick up my postion it just shows east wall which i think is three hq is there any settings i need to change. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The GPS doesn't pick up my postion it just shows east wall which i think is three hq is there any settings i need to change. Thanks

Can you find satellites which you search from tools in the options menu in the app?

I read on another website to download google maps and onve that had fixed postion nokia maps works I tried it and it worked thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

davton wrote: »
    Can you find satellites which you search from tools in the options menu in the app?

I thought this thread was about Google Sync and not Google Maps? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

flodis79 wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about Google Sync and not Google Maps? :)

it was :p

• Advertisement

Any way to synch google cal with E71 now or is it still not possible

Any way to synch google cal with E71 now or is it still not possible

Looks like it, but it seems you need to have MfE installed. Haven't tried it myself yet, so let us know how you get on.

thanks just set it up seems to work fine have only used the cal synch has email, contacts and tasks as well . Will report back if any probs

Google contact sync is my new favourite google function!!

Updated my E71's firmware to the latest build last night and decided that instead of restoring data from my backup (which would have brought in annoying dictionary entries that had built up), I thought I would instead restore from what I had synced last week.
    Being the careful person that I am, I have multiple contact syncs with pc suite, ovi, google and even nimbuzz.

"I'll restore from Ovi" says I, "because that way I can send the settings straight to my phone instead of having to manually key them".
    30 seconds later, my contacts and calendar entries were back. Hooray...

...or so I thought!

On further inspection, Ovi had restored all my contacts' names, without their numbers! Stupid ovi.

"Ah well, I'll just get the numbers from my PC suite backup", so I plug in the USB cable and sync away.

"Uh oh!" - the entries on the phone were newer, so they overwrote everything in the PC and I lost all the numbers there.

So here I am with a phonebook full of nothing but names. Grr...

I open up this thread, find the google settings I posted above, this time I make sure to delete everything from the phonebook first, and bob's your auntie's husband, contacts are restored.

Thank you google!

Advertisement