Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newbie: Halo 3 or Call of Duty 3??

• 06-03-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Hey,

im newish to xbox 360 and computergames...

i currently have GOW1 and enjoy it but find it difficult online against other players..

anyway i wanna buy another title to play online..popped into gamestop and for 18 euro (2nd hand) they have the too titles mentioned in the title...i have no experience with either...

any advice would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Call Of Duty 3 is terrible. Don't buy it. If you can afford it, go for CoD: Modern Warfare.

Halo 3 is good fun. Good campaign mode with an amazing co-op mode, and great multiplayer. I'd definitely choose it over CoD3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Halo 3 without a doubt. When you play online it has a great matchmaking system where it tries to match you up with other players of your skill level, great for newcomers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Go for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, it's reasonably cheap & possibly the best first person shooter ever made & its online is unbelievably good. Halo 3 was, in my opinion, a complete letdown. I sold it off second hand after only 2 months, I must have only played it for 6 or 7 hours. But if you want to form your own opinion why not rent both for a night each?

P.S. I've never played COD 3 but I've heard its useless off of anyone who has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

if its between cod3 and halo3 then its halo3 hands down.
    but you should surely be able to pick up cod4 somewhere cheap at this stage and its a true gem, ive lost countless hours (days) to it.

btw, cod1,cod2 and cod4 are all made by the same developer (and are busy making the next one, cod:mw2) while cod3 and cod"5" world at war are a different developer and no where near up to the same standard, still fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 declanx

Well H3 single player is good, online is a drag. All I ever see is jumpers and hear kids screaming "no way your cheating I shot you", more jumping. If you get H3 join a clan it will be better.

CoD3 Single player is good, but online has died. I did like this. A sniper, medic and tropper working together would own every game. For some reason I always had games with Aussies and Kiwi's.

Save you cash and get Cod4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i have both of them. Halo 3 is easily way better than call of duty 3. Call of duty is fun but online its brutal. Halo is excellent online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Call of Duty 3 sucks. Get COD 4 or 5 if you want "realistic" warfare. Halo 3 is a great play in both sp and mp. Plus you get the ultra cool replay feature built in which lets you watch all your glorious online kills over and over again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Without a doubt the better of the two is Halo 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

beardo81 wrote: »
    Halo 3 without a doubt. When you play online it has a great matchmaking system where it tries to match you up with other players of your skill level, great for newcomers!!

+1

Halo 3 in my opinon is a lot better. Especially when you hook up with your mates online. Can be a pain with all the kiddies screeching though :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I played through Halo 3 a year ago and loved it, then picked it up a month ago and loved it all over again. Plus it's easier on noobs like me when I went to play online at first.

COD4 though is a fantastic single player experience - I haven't played online but it's rumoured to be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is better than both of those combined. The multiplayer is by far the best I've ever played.

Can't recommend it enough. I'm not into FPS normally, but this is great...absolutely great game. Plus, you dont have as many screaming children online in COD 4 as you do in Halo 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Neither both are terrible games get COD4 thats the best game out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Thanks everyone....

I guess it's Halo 3 so..

Yeah I would like call of duty 4(that's the modern warfare one, yeah?) but it 45.99 SEcond hand in gamestop Vs. 17.99 for halo 3!

Thanks again

cojomo2 wrote: »

Yeah I would like call of duty 4(that's the modern warfare one, yeah?) but it 45.99 SEcond hand in gamestop Vs. 17.99 for halo 3!

Good point!

Enjoy Halo, it remains one of my favourite games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks everyone....

I guess it's Halo 3 so..

Thanks again

seen it sold on adverts.ie for as little as 20euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 uber gamer

Go with Halo 2, 1 or cod 4, 2 other than that I don't know what to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Thanks everyone....

I guess it's Halo 3 so..

Thanks again
    check some of the other shops, game or hmv, its surely cheaper!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Halo 3 is being given the 'classics' treatment in the next week or two. Should be able to pick it up on the cheap then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Picked it up once more from xtravision the other day for 15 euro, 2nd hand but judging by the condition no one ever played it and think its in gamestop for 17

Advertisement